Stolen Compass keys

Franco

Hi folks. I was away on holidays in Sligo and my jacket was stolen from a restraurent. Only my camper keys were in the jacket- nothing else as far as I am aware! Luckily my wife had the spare set of keys, which we insist on carrying when we travel. Now I think I can get all the keys cut, with the exception of the ignition key. Before I start 'ringing around' does anybody have experience of having to get a replacement ignition key. Camper is 2004 Peugeot 2.8 Diesel. Tks as usual for advice. Also I will need a Keen Electric' alarm fob. money money money.!!

Franco (^)

Hi I have a m/h based on a 2003Pug . The key can only be replaced by a pug dealer due to the imobliser.Cost £168 plus £40 to program it . This is what I was quoted by the local dealer. I had looked on the internet and local key cutters they all said for that type of key (flip out with shaped groove either side)Pug dealer only

Regards David

You really need to get new lock barrels and keys plus alarm fobs etc.

Whoever nicked your keys might just come back for your M/H.

Your insurance company might pay for them, after all it is theft and you should be covered, you might have to pay excess etc. but better safe than sorry?

Most alarm fitting places will program a fob and keys can be cut and programmed at many places like cobblers and some dealers.

I had a set of keys for a Ford stolen some years back, it cost nearly £500 to replace things, the insurance paid up, it's in their interests to make sure the vehicle doesn't get stolen.

H

Franco

Maybe do a "search" on here?..because not so long back someone wanted an additional Fiat x250 key and silly prices got thrown around then....

At the time I had just had a "chipped" Toyota Hiace key cut at Timpsons for 30 odd quid..and I think I'm right in saying that the OP of that thread, did end up getting his X250 key from Timpsons as well.

(..Although our keys don't have any remote central locking or alarm buttons on it....)

Probably worth asking though...

Having said all of that...as has already been said, someone, somewhere is walking around with a set of keys to your vehicle!?. 8-)

...so I'd probably look at going down the insurance route and get all the locks changed.. :-S

pepe63 - 2013-08-07 3:25 PM

Franco

Maybe do a "search" on here?..because not so long back someone wanted an additional Fiat x250 key and silly prices got thrown around then....

This is the earlier forum thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fiat-X2-50-replacement-key/30081/

(Not sure how relevant it will be for someone Dublin-based.)

Thank you for all that info- gives me some food for thought and some ideas. I might add I am not too concerned about the stolen keys been used to rob the van as I was 150 Km from home at the time, and we are now back home- there was no indicator on the keys that they were for a camper or other vehicle. Mind you I was alert for a day or two as we were still on the campsite. I did have my mobile phone number on the keys but it may have worn somewhat off at the time of theft. Anyway I presume the keys are dumped by this stage.

I will follow-up on issue today. Thanks to all for your help.

Franco

Archived