Aire at St Hilaire des Reiz

Knaus

Hi

Has anyone ever used the Aire off the road named Allee De La Plage De La Paree Preneau on outskirts

of St Hilaire des Reiz. I know there is one at St Hilaire but think it is nearer the town.

I looked on Google Earth and found it. I am sure it is an Aire with a car park in front of it and direct access

to the beach.

Hope there is someone who knows this.

Thanks

I have not used the Aire, but my book lists one at:

Allée de la Plage de la Préneau. GPS n46.72865 w1.99167 and the photograph shows it being either on the beach, or very close to it. There are 60 spaces, on sand and it is free to stay.

Hi

It's our bolt hole, so don't go shouting about it from the roof tops. :-D It is absolutely fabulous there. You will be surrounded by pine forests which you can spend all day walking through. You will be behind the sand dunes which lead to a fabulous beach which is gently shelving with safe swimming. It's ok to take dogs on the beach outside of school holidays. the town of St Hilaire de Riez is within walking distance along the beach or through the pine forest, it takes us about half an hour to walk it. There are no facilities, as has been said, so make sure you are fully loaded before you get there. We put our awning and table and chairs out, as do others, but will put them away if it gets really busy, which it does on really sunny weekends. Free to park during the day, but 5 euros from 5pm til 10am. Don't think there is a time limit for staying, but if you like the area and want to stay longer but can't survive longer than a couple of days on an aire, there is a camp site inland a little at St Hilaire de notre dame that only charges 7.50 euros inc electricity, for campervans ALL SEASON, with pool, bar and restaurant, called Les Renardieres,( the owner will flypost your van whilst parked on the aire.) Hope this helps, might see you there.

Archived