boxer fuel filter

wizard

hi would anyone be kind enough to post a diagram of a 2001 boxer fuel filter{bosch] or explain how to drain water off and bleed afterwards.my vehicle handbook and russek manual show a completely different filter to mine :-|

Hi David, Have a look at Brians Page http://ourwanderer.org/ if you can't find what you are looking for, email him, he is very oblidging and will give you the help needed. I did have a 1.9 td, as I recall you only need to drain the filter if the filter light is active on the dashboard. On mine there was a butterfly nut you loosened and allowed the contents to run out until diesel appeared. The filter was located inside the bonnet on the bulkhead, high on the right hand side. Regards Terry

most boxer filters are on the bulkhead on the passenger side but can be differing types depending on the fuel system used,usually bosch & lucas / cav one is a screw on canister about 8 inches long,the other probably 3/4 inches. the first just screws off & has a large drain knob at the bottom with a water content indicator sensor & wiring attatched.to drain water just unscrew the knob a bit until you see fluid runnng out,let it run for a while,preferably into a dish or similar.you should see any water droplets in the bottom.once you've tightened the drain up again the "bellows thing" is a pump to reprime the system proir to attempting to start ,give it a few squeezes until it until it goes hard !!!! then try to start.it may misfire a bit to start with but that shoul clear after a short while. the other filter should have a drain plug in it's lower casing,slacken with a 10mm spanner.then reprime as before. hope this helps. e-mail if i can help further.

Archived