Do not read if you have high blood pressure....

Guest pelmetman

Everyone has a different view on insurance, but if it is not a legal requirement I only insure something that I could not afford to replace,

£30k Caravan? I think I would insure, Not sure after being used by it's current occupiers that I would want it back?

This seems to be about par for the police, here in Bury St Edmunds we have Irish cravanners in a large group shifting from one recreation area to another as they are made to move after a court order. The latest move is to a field where many people walk their dogs, I've walked dogs there for over 20 years these yobs are trying every trick in the book in including intimidation and verbal abuse to stop us and the police have informed us that we the walkers could be accused of breaching the peace. You just couldn't make it up. John *-) :D

A while ago, I saw a caravan being towed at breakneck speed through Plymouth. I reported the number on the caravan to the Police, which was different from the towing vehicle. They said unless there was a crime in progress, then they would do nothing. As I could not prove there was a crime then no action. It looked like the van was being pinched, but there we are. :-S

A few years ago I saw some rather scruffy-looking types removing an equally scruffy caravan from a garden a few doors away and knew the owner wasn't there so rang the police. A while later the police came to my door and said it was OK because it had been sold. They also said they had enjoyed their first chase in a Transit.

Archived