Infantile posters on forums

Mrs T

They must have very immature brains to have to keep repeating "Oh look how good I am" after their posts, once is enough for gawd sake we all know you you're weak individuals who cannot act upon your own. Give it up do please !!

One who constantly irritates me includes the words Pudding Face, no doubt it's an apt description fat and round like a Christmas pudding, poor some brandy on it someone

One wonders when he goes to the shops does he keep repeating all this guff at the till.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
Mrs T - 2013-08-09 1:19 PM

They must have very immature brains to have to keep repeating "Oh look how good I am" after their posts, once is enough for gawd sake we all know you you're weak individuals who cannot act upon your own. Give it up do please !!

One who constantly irritates me includes the words Pudding Face, no doubt it's an apt description fat and round like a Christmas pudding, poor some brandy on it someone

One wonders when he goes to the shops does he keep repeating all this guff at the till.

I agree, there are some very silly examples of what are known as 'Signatures' on this forum.

Why members feel the need to sign off every post with a shortened version of their biography or their politics is beyond me.

Yes folks I'm really stirred up this week, Mr T is away for a month so I have only myself to attend to and feed, as he's not around to argue with some on here are going to be sought after for some interaction!

Ps. Sir, I assume you have a Hymer, a rather posh comment it could be said, but why keep repeating it, does it not go well that you have to keep reminding yourself its a HYMER

Might be considered posh but for the fact that it was born in 1993, have to assume that you are ashamed of your van, that is if you really are a member of our fraternity and not just a wannabee, it also adds a little gravitas when replying to posts  in that at least I have the experience of a van and the ability to maintain it outside the warrantee period.

Oh yes Mid Sussex so not the posh bit by the coast?

Mrs T - 2013-08-09 1:38 PM

I assume you have a Hymer, a rather posh comment it could be said, but why keep repeating it, does it not go well that you have to keep reminding yourself its a HYMER

Long before you graced this forum it was discussed and concluded that when asking for or offering support or advice on the motorhome matters forum it would greatly assist those able to help if one's motorhome details were available to help identify the components and build specification of the van needing help. On that basis far from bragging rights or being an aide memoire for the owner it is more of an aide memoire for those prepared to assist.

But please don't let anyone stop you from having a jolly good stir!

Yes Tracker but why do they keep on reminding everyone, I'm not the slightest bit interested in this additional waffle, the name Hymer is under his picture so why keep on about it, we know what it is.

I've been around for many years even before Brian the battery wizard was here but not had the time to spare neither the freedom to comment on here (all security stuff you know) but now Mr T has completed his term of office on submarines (the very latest type, that's where he is now) I have free time.

Just imagine an officer giving commands to his crew then repeating after every order "Yes gentlemen its a **** of the *** class and will *** at sea for ***. .........Not called for in reality is it ?

As I said the word immaturity comes to mind, if the persons wishes to continue so be it. Perhaps some object to a female being outspoken, tough!

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant Mrs T. because that's the way it is and it don't look like changing anytime soon.

If anyone wishes to place a photo of their van on their forum profile because they are proud of their pride and joy I see it as an admirable trait in this sometimes neglectful and throw away society! As you can see I am very proud of both my new bogof Matalan shirt and my newly acquired sink plug - well I was when the photo was took!

It could be said that a picture does at least go some way to establishing that the member is a bona fide motorhomer who has joined this forum to participate in a motorhome forum to expand their knowledge of their hobby and chat with other like minded motorhome owners, as opposed to someone who has no interest in motorhomes, camping or associated interests taking advantage of a free forum to fulfill their own agenda?

I don't think anyone objects to an outspoken female, but if that is your belief, then please don't mind us, do feel free to carry on with it, after all there are already more chips on shoulders on here than chips in the local chippy!

If you have any other paranoias please feel at liberty to air them because you are, after all, among friends on here!

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-08-09 2:07 PM

Mrs T - 2013-08-09 1:38 PM

I assume you have a Hymer, a rather posh comment it could be said, but why keep repeating it, does it not go well that you have to keep reminding yourself its a HYMER

Long before you graced this forum it was discussed and concluded that when asking for or offering support or advice on the motorhome matters forum it would greatly assist those able to help if one's motorhome details were available to help identify the components and build specification of the van needing help. On that basis far from bragging rights or being an aide memoire for the owner it is more of an aide memoire for those prepared to assist.

But please don't let anyone stop you from having a jolly good stir!

I think you're being a bit unfair Richard. I'm sure she doesn't object to people listing their 'van in their profile, as you do. As you say, it can be helpful.

But she's right about some of the signatures on here. We even have the odd person who has to plug his republican views in his signature. What's that about on a camping forum?

Some of them are just 'Look at me, aren't I interesting?'

I know that Mrs T can be a pain, but she has a good point here.

Had Enough - 2013-08-09 4:00 PM

I know that Mrs T can be a pain, but she has a good point here.

I will have to disagree with you on both points on this one!

Who really cares what people put as their signature except for the insight that it gives you into their mindset!

And I don't mean blank signature = blank mind - well not always!

It arose as Tracker says, and it was agreed it should be incorporated into one's "location" details for the reason he states. That means it is always visible, so that it is not necessary to search back for a poster's van details, allowing queries to be answered by those familiar with the van. One only has a single forum profile, so what was set up to suit the motorhome forums, follows one onto the other forums.

Whether you find that helpful, or see it is as mere bragging, depends on your mindset. I think it helpful, but then I don't know that many braggarts. Since you're in the county, perhaps it's just that your area is more prone to gratuitous self-promotion than my bit, or you've become over sensitised to messing distinctions! :-)

Guest pelmetman
Is Mrs T................ Franks feminine side I wonder? ;-).......................As he does worship the former Mrs T, which is somewhat surprising seeing as she was a rascist >:-)

pelmetman - 2013-08-09 4:07 PM

Is Mrs T................ Franks feminine side I wonder? ;-).......................As he does worship the former Mrs T, which is somewhat surprising seeing as she was a rascist >:-)

Mrs Thatcher was staunchly pro British and it is sad that so many male prime ministers lack the balls that she had when negotiating for this country - but that I believe did not make her a racist, so I wonder on what grounds do you make that claim Dave?

Guest 1footinthegrave
This can't be the same Mrs T who put up a post about ladies preferred knickers is it ? then complains of others immaturity :-S

Come on now, I have already exposed you as the true identity of Mrs T so this is clearly an attempt to divert attention. (lol) (lol)

On a serious note, I think the original Mrs T's attitude to South Africa - and in particular Mandela - was beyond appalling, so I won't argue with you on the racist point.

Mrs Thatcher was staunchly pro British and it is sad that so many male prime ministers lack the balls that she had when negotiating for this country - but that I believe did not make her a racist.

Whenever someone says something that favours their own country above other nations those who oppose are always quick to jump on the racist bandwagon but if Mrs Thatcher was indeed racist perhaps we could do with a few more like her to defend our nation's heritage from dilution by the very immigrants that we welcome to and give sanctuary to in our country?

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2013-08-09 5:19 PM

Mrs Thatcher was staunchly pro British and it is sad that so many male prime ministers lack the balls that she had when negotiating for this country - but that I believe did not make her a racist, so I wonder on what grounds do you make that claim Dave?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22087702

:D

pelmetman - 2013-08-09 5:24 PM

How gracious is it to attack someone who cannot defend themselves for your own political ends - but then again when you disagree with someone you can always play the racist card to gain sympathy from those afraid to oppose for fear of being labelled racist - and he is Australian so you do have to make allowances!

Guest pelmetman
John 47 - 2013-08-09 5:23 PM

Come on now, I have already exposed you as the true identity of Mrs T so this is clearly an attempt to divert attention. (lol) (lol)

I'm struggling with the import of my discovery 8-)...................Frank has a knicker fetish :->

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2013-08-09 5:28 PM

pelmetman - 2013-08-09 5:24 PM

How gracious is it to attack someone who cannot defend themselves for your own political ends - but then again when you disagree with someone you can always play the racist card to gain sympathy from those afraid to oppose for fear of being labelled racist - and he is Australian so you do have to make allowances!

To be honest Rich I don't think she was being intentionally racist ;-)............People from a certain era used different language............I call it the time before TTP (The Thought Police) :D.........

But it shows that she had concerns about to much immigration even then ;-)

donna miller - 2013-08-09 7:14 PMI can only assume that the OP and Frank are refering to signatures at the bottom of posts.It's quite easy if you don't like reading them just go into your control panel and untick the box that says "read others signatures".Not really rocket science is it? *-)

But they are not rocket scientists either B-)

Guest Had Enough
Retread24800 - 2013-08-09 6:49 PM
donna miller - 2013-08-09 7:14 PMI can only assume that the OP and Frank are refering to signatures at the bottom of posts.It's quite easy if you don't like reading them just go into your control panel and untick the box that says "read others signatures".Not really rocket science is it? *-)

But they are not rocket scientists either B-)

And clearly, neither are you two! Just because someone may complain about a certain type of film, doesn't mean that they don't want to watch any films!I don't know about Mrs T but I don't mind some signatures. Yours for instance is short, isn't obtrusive and does a job, that of directing us to the gallery to see some useful photos.The ones that I don't don't like are those that are almost a mini-biography, or which choose to ram an opinion down our throats every time you see their post, what I call 'Look at me, aren't I clever' signatures. We've even had people who have a signature that pushes their politics at us.Unfortunately I haven't found a box to tick which says ' Don't view long-winded and pompous signatures'! Back to the drawing board I'm afraid! ;-)

Archived