Poor sound on your M/home TV, an answer.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

Rarely have I been so bowled over by a bit of technology, but our LCD in the van has very poor sound, I've just purchases this amazing little gizmo, plugged in in to the headphone socket and it is quite simply amazing, and the size of a tea cup, and £20 to boot.

It's called a Soundwave SW100, check it out, just fantastic for the job, and has totally transformed the TVs sound ;-)

soundwave.jpg.a3a54065006ad5767431d19fa7f0aa9c.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't your MH have a perfectly good sound system already installed?

I thought all of them did...Ours does.

I just bought a length of mini-jack-to-mini-jack audio extension cable (a couple of quid?).

I plug one end into the headphone socket on the TV, and the other end into the "aux" input socket on my dashboard stereo, and it thus plays the sound through the 4 built in (and very very good) speakers in the MH.

Most motorhomes do have a good sound system - but it runs off the vehicle battery and I don't want trailing wires right to the back of the van. I bought one of these at a market a couple of weeks ago. It was badged up as Beats from Dr Dre (obviously a fake Chinese import) but wow! what power. PLaced on a thin board (like a cabinet door) and the Bass is amazing - streams music from my phone wirelessly to boot.

Fantastic pieve of kit

Guest 1footinthegrave
enodreven - 2013-08-10 10:31 AM

Hi,

Sounds like just what we need, does it come with the necessary cables ? and where did you purchase it from

Thanks

Brian

Comes with a mini jack to mini jack lead, usb lead, but you will need a usb charger, easily and cheaply sourced, it also has bluetooth and a microphone built it for hands free mobile phone use, we bought ours from Mobile fun, but as per trackers link Amazon are doing them cheaper now. ( probably because they are still avoiding UK taxation)

And BDG yes we have a powerful 4 speaker system with aux in, but got fed up with trailing wires, and the potential annoyance to others, not to mention that many folks vans stereos will not work without ignition keys in and turned on, this is a neat and tidy solution.

Anyone using one for the first time will be truly astonished, having been a hi-fi nut for years I know I am for sure.

Be aware there are many of these types of mini speakers, a friend has a Veho which although costs more is nowhere near as good IMO.

Guest 1footinthegrave
donna miller - 2013-08-10 6:44 PM

I think I might give that a try, we were looking for something the other week as out TV is the same, all singing, all dancing but with the worst speakers I've ever heard.

Trust me Donna, they are amazing, everyone I've demonstrated mine to has ordered one, I have now ordered another for our kitchen tv at home. I should be on commission from soundwave ;-)

Waiting to hear how Donna gets on, as our TV , the sound comes out of the back, as it is not against a wall the MH next door gets a better sound from our TV than we do. Also as both not got good hearing, we have to have sound up loud. So will this be useful for us??Does it take the sound away from TV and into itself ?? (Hope you understand what I am trying to ask)

PJay

My Soundwave SW100 gizmo arrived today and it does make a huge improvement to the sound quality of our 15" Avtex tv and is well worth twenty quid to be able to actually hear what is being said in American films and without the use of subtitles!

My thanks to Mike for drawing it to our attention.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Glad you folks are happy with it, I've just discovered another big plus point for me being a bit mutt and Geof, you can use it with a Bluetooth phone to have a hands free conversation, and it's been just about the first time calling a call centre in India that I have been able to understand what was being said ( just ) :-D

I have to agree with Bruce I can't see the point of adding more things you don't really need when you have a perfectly good sound system.

What's all this about trailing wirer's just do the job properly and run the wires in the existing trunking, floor, roof space etc., following the vans original wiring it's not rocket science.

Guest 1footinthegrave

I don't see the point of your post either, for you the answer is obvious, don't buy one, simple. :-S

but for those that want to add s simple device the size of a teacup rather than pull their van apart to route wiring, maybe with the cost of a new CD/ Radio because the existing one does not have an Aux in connector, and then find their radio/cd only runs with the ignition switch on in many cases, and runs off the main engine battery that surely makes far more sense than buying a twenty quid device. :-S sometimes I really despair, information given in good faith has to be turned into a debate.

Hi,

I totally agree with you and thanks for the tip.

That's the biggest problem with this site, it just seems that people are waiting for an opertunity to take an oposite view point even when it dosen't warrrant a debate, which then normally denegrates into some form of slagging match.

It seems to me it was a great suggestion and as you quiet rightly say if you want to try it buy one and if you don't then why comment on the merits of the suggestion.

If you have an alternative suggestion on how to improve something, then please take the time and trouble to post it in a seperate thread as it may be very helpful to others and it would have a better chance of being read by more people. Because they would see the title and opening thread without the need to wade through a lot of mixed comments.

1footinthegrave - 2013-08-18 10:56 AM

I don't see the point of your post either, for you the answer is obvious, don't buy one, simple. :-S

but for those that want to add s simple device the size of a teacup rather than pull their van apart to route wiring, maybe with the cost of a new CD/ Radio because the existing one does not have an Aux in connector, and then find their radio/cd only runs with the ignition switch on in many cases, and runs off the main engine battery that surely makes far more sense than buying a twenty quid device. :-S sometimes I really despair, information given in good faith has to be turned into a debate.

Whilst I don't agree with his view because all vans and all owners are different, Lenny is as entitled to post an opposing view as anyone else is to post confirmatory view so why get all upset over it?

I thought that was the point of a forum - discussion and debate?

Its not about getting upset its more about if you have an alternative way then why not open a new thread, the way this thread and others like it are set out to just make a suggestion which you either take or don't.

So no one is saying people don't have the freedom to express themselves just that they should take the time and effort to start there own thread, and not try to undermine or start a debate when its not called for as so often it leads to conflict and stops or makes other people very worried about starting new threads either asking or suggesting items for fear of being told they are wrong

Guest JudgeMental
Errr..rubbish? That's not how conversation or dialogue works......let alone Internet/forum chat. See what you have done, I'm now of topic, just like like you.. *-)

Archived