Poor sound on your M/home TV, an answer.

Guest 1footinthegrave

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1footinthegrave
Tracker - 2013-08-18 4:32 PM

Whilst I don't agree with his view because all vans and all owners are different, Lenny is as entitled to post an opposing view as anyone else is to post confirmatory view so why get all upset over it?

I thought that was the point of a forum - discussion and debate?

I posted ( as you yourself acknowledge ) a purchase I had made that may be of help to others, not an enquiry asking how to solve a particular problem. It's all gets so bloody tiresome on here, but yes his suggestion was very useful considering most folk cannot even wire a 13amp plug.. :-S b*****ks to it in future

Guest 1footinthegrave
enodreven - 2013-08-18 4:58 PM

If you read the opening thread you will see it is information, not debate, so it seems to me its you who's talking rubbish, and like most of the threads on here the denegrate into arguments from the same old crowd, thats part of the reason why you don't see many new people on here,

Precisely, that's exactly why I posted, for INFORMATION ONLY, take it or leave it everyone else please, does it all really have to degenerate into who can piss up a wall the highest. :-S

1footinthegrave - 2013-08-18 5:02 PM

If you read the opening thread you will see it is information, not debate, so it seems to me its you who's talking rubbish, and like most of the threads on here the denegrate into arguments from the same old crowd, thats part of the reason why you don't see many new people on here,

Precisely, that's exactly why I posted, for INFORMATION ONLY, take it or leave it everyone else please.

Sorry chaps but I see it differently.

What starts as information often turns into discussion and sometimes, but not always, development on an idea - unless egos get in the way and it degenerates into a mine's bigger than your's argument.

As I said on a public forum all views are valid and it is up to each of us to be adult enough to either discus or discard the views that we don't agree with.

For crying out loud guys - how hard can that be?

Hi, I totally agree, I just don't understand why some of the people on here just don't get it ?? so often perfect innocent helpful threads denigrate into arguments and its normally the same people over and over again WHY as I'm sure in the most part they are really nice people

Precisely, that's exactly why I posted, for INFORMATION ONLY, take it or leave it everyone else please.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Tracker - 2013-08-18 5:07 PM

Sorry chaps but I see it differently.

What starts as information often turns into discussion and sometimes, but not always, development on an idea - unless egos get in the way and it degenerates into a mine's bigger than your's argument.

As I said on a public forum all views are valid and it is up to each of us to be adult enough to either discus or discard the views that we don't agree with.

For crying out loud guys - how hard can that be?

Sorry to be pedantic but I gave the information in good faith, I didn't ask for a solution to a problem, nor did anyone else, if someone had bought it and their view was it was crap that would have been valid, but to denigrate the suggestion followed by a ridiculous suggestion to tear your van apart was in my view unnecessary, but there you go..

Ever heard the saying - more than one way to skin a cat?

People often say that discussion is not often allowed on here because other people don't like their thoughts and ideas challenged or brought into doubt, but that surely is waht a forum is all about?

Don't take it personally Mike as I don't think anyone was having a go at you when suggesting what they saw as an alternative solution to the same problem?

Guest JudgeMental
do me a favour please and get your heads out of your bums...these extension speakers have been around for 20 years..the tech has moved on a bit but hardly earth shattering tech...grow up?

Guest 1footinthegrave

Another worthy contribution.

Yes of course these wireless bluetooth mini speakers that sit in the palm of your hand have been around for twenty years, I had one when I had a cassette tape player, just didn't let the rest of the world in on it until now, Jesus. :-S

The whole point of these is that they are bluetooth, or wired, rechargeable, and so small you can't believe the power or bass that comes out of them...

Nothing like this has been available for 20 years.

I for one am sick of trawling through pages of catty comments and c%&p to glean a little information...

As my dear old mum used to say "If you've nowt good to say, shut thee gob"

Guest pelmetman
John H - 2013-08-18 7:38 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question Mike but will these work with a laptop ? The speakers on mine are rubbish.

Ditto ;-)..............and anyone used them with hearing aids?.........as I will be getting some according to her indoors :-S.................ie interference ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
John H - 2013-08-18 7:38 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question Mike but will these work with a laptop ? The speakers on mine are rubbish.

Not at all a dumb question, I also use mine for that very purpose as well, a line in socket is on the unit, plug that into your headphone socket on your laptop ( the cable is supplied ) , stand back and be simply amazed.

You'll also benefit by the fact that the inbuilt rechargeable battery will be both charged and power the unit from one of your usb ports.

I have shown this unit to almost everyone I know, to a man they are simply amazed by it, and all have bought one as it has a multitude of uses, I've just bought as second one for our LCD tv in the kitchen, I really should have been on commission. :D

Thanks Mike, it sounds ideal, I'll order one straight away. I've already got a pair of stereo speakers but there are wires everywhere and you have to plug them into the mains which defeats the idea of using a laptop which is supposed to be portable. I never use them because it's such a palaver to set them up.

Guest 1footinthegrave
John H - 2013-08-18 10:07 PM

Thanks Mike, it sounds ideal, I'll order one straight away. I've already got a pair of stereo speakers but there are wires everywhere and you have to plug them into the mains which defeats the idea of using a laptop which is supposed to be portable. I never use them because it's such a palaver to set them up.

Tell me about it, anyway you will be astonished, enjoy, Mike.

Guest 1footinthegrave
fairweather camper - 2013-08-18 11:13 PM

Hi All

I have just bought one of these as they sounded great, but I am not sure if I am using it properly, I have plugged it into the earphone socket and now the sound only comes from the speaker, I thought it would be an extra speaker not take over from the telly, is this right.

As Bolly1965 states plugging into the headphone does normally mute the TV sound at the same time, I say normally but some sets do not mute the internal speakers we have a Hitachi in the house that does not do so, but connection to the line out as suggested ( if there is one on your set ) is designed to output a constant signal for amplification by an external amplifier, but of course a conventional amplifier will allow you to control the volume, as this gizmo relies on the volume control from the device it's plugged into or using a bluetooth conection, a connection via line out as suggested would only give you a fixed volume, that may be deafening or non existent it's hard to say. You would also need to purchase a twin phono to female mini jack plug lead to try it, about £2.

But I'm bound to say everything I have used this gizmo connected by wire or via bluetooth has knocked all internal speakers into a cocked hat, are you turning your TVs sound well up when plugged into the headphone socket , it should fill the room with sound ?

Whilst I don't agree with his view because all vans and all owners are different, Lenny is as entitled to post an opposing view as anyone else is to post confirmatory view so why get all upset over it?

Thanks Rich, I never intended to belittle Mike's post it is just that I prefer to do things so they integrate with the van and blend in like original equipment, but Mike attacks me for giving a different view.

When I fitted my solar panel I spent two days getting the wiring through the van following the original wiring routes, this is the approach I take with mods to my van.

Guest 1footinthegrave
lennyhb - 2013-08-19 8:27 AM

Thanks Rich, I never intended to belittle Mike's post it is just that I prefer to do things so they integrate with the van and blend in like original equipment, but Mike attacks me for giving a different view.

When I fitted my solar panel I spent two days getting the wiring through the van following the original wiring routes, this is the approach I take with mods to my van.

Yes well I've also fitted my own solar panel, my own Gasit refillable tank, and have a Pioneer in dash unit with aux in,and indeed did use that for the TV sound even though it required a ten meter lead and a trip up to the front of the van every time we wanted to adjust the volume as it was fed from the line out on the set, but I was not very happy to run it off the engine battery in any event, the Soundwave 2 gizmo is an ideal instant solution for those that don't know one end of a wire from the other, or simply don't want to go another route, that;s all no offence intended. ;-)

Archived