Poor sound on your M/home TV, an answer.

Guest 1footinthegrave

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bolly1965 - 2013-08-19 6:24 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-08-19 8:50 AM

Bolly1965 - 2013-08-19 7:30 AM

There is a volume control on the gizmo too!

No there isn't (!)

there is on mine....

If there is a volume control on mine the not very helpful instructions do not mention it - but it matters not as the TV remote control does have a volume control - and a mute for adverts!

Guest 1footinthegrave
Bolly1965 - 2013-08-19 6:24 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-08-19 8:50 AM

Bolly1965 - 2013-08-19 7:30 AM

There is a volume control on the gizmo too!

No there isn't (!)

there is on mine....

I think to eliminate any confusion the device I highlighted the Soundwave 2 I have bought most definitely does not have its own volume control, the volume is controlled by the device it is connected to, others like the Veho do have their own volume control, although comparing the two I found the Soundwave superior.

I have just despite having had the soundwave 2 for sometime now had another look, but at least on mine there is no hidden volume control that I have overlooked, so your claim that yours does is a bit of a mystery. (!)

Just to add I have found yet another use for it, to amplify my satnav, now I can really hear her nag me to death. ;-)

A good youtube review here, a picture, or in this case a video worth a thousand words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUShoBwdxE

Guest 1footinthegrave
Bolly1965 - 2013-08-19 9:23 PM

Mine looks exactly te same but has a mini ad card slot and a volume control, you can also control iPhone playback from th gizmo, play, pause, next track and previous track

Clear up the mystery for us all, none of that description relates to the Soundwave 2 which was the subject of my post, so what is the make and model of your device, it very much sounds like a Veho 360 of which the only resemblance is the fact that it is small and round. :-S

Here is the description of the Veho 360, sounds as if this is what you have purchased not the Soundwave 2 at all.

The 360° M4 Bluetooth Speaker follows on from the successful VSS-006-360BT 360° M3 Bluetooth Speaker but introduces dual 2 x 2.2w speaker power and includes a microSD card slot and volume/track control. (?)

The point I am trying to make is if people buy the Soundwave 2, based on your statement that it has the features described by you they are being misled, it simply is a different device that you have.

So pedantic!... Mine is not branded up as anything. Some cheap Chinese import I suspect. Though it looks exactly the same and I have seen them branded up under different names.

IMO, mine has excellent sound AND a volume control... So perhaps people should be looking for these.

BTW - are you supplying Soundwaves??

Guest 1footinthegrave
Bolly1965 - 2013-08-20 9:13 AM

So pedantic!... Mine is not branded up as anything. Some cheap Chinese import I suspect. Though it looks exactly the same and I have seen them branded up under different names.

IMO, mine has excellent sound AND a volume control... So perhaps people should be looking for these.

BTW - are you supplying Soundwaves??

Not pedantic at all mate, and really no need for the sarcasm, if people should be looking for these why not tell them exactly what it is, I just wanted to save anyone the hassle of buying the device I flagged up thinking it had the features you described as being the exactly the same one, and no I'm not on commission just trying to give accurate information.

If yours is in your opinion a good bit of kit why not at least post up what it is and where you purchased it from, after all folk may want to buy one with the same features and I may be interested in comparing the two as I intend to buy another fro use in the car as a hands free phone kit.

Sound can be very personal depending on your hearing, personalty I have yet to come across a TV with good sound, I don't think much of the sound of our lounge TV a 40" LED Sony, but my wife doesn't think much of the sound from my expensive surround sound system - guess what I have to put up with. :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
lennyhb - 2013-08-20 11:03 AM

Sound can be very personal depending on your hearing, personalty I have yet to come across a TV with good sound, I don't think much of the sound of our lounge TV a 40" LED Sony, but my wife doesn't think much of the sound from my expensive surround sound system - guess what I have to put up with. :D

Most woman are the same that I have met, ask them what DTS is or Dolby digital is and their eyes glaze over, but as far as modern TV's go they all want to flog you a soundbar now. :-S

Thanks for giving us the heads up to the SW100 Mike. It was delivered this morning and have just finished giving it a blast. My music tastes range from Elgar to Led Zeppelin and most of it is loaded on my laptop. I was amazed at the sound that was coming out of such a little speaker. It's also small enough to carry in the pocket of my laptop case, unlike the pair of speakers I have now. I haven't tried it with my tv or phone yet but listening to the clarity of the SW100, I'm sure it will improve the sound of these as well.

Thanks again, John.

1footinthegrave - 2013-08-20 11:35 AM

Most woman are the same that I have met, ask them what DTS is or Dolby digital is and their eyes glaze over, but as far as modern TV's go they all want to flog you a soundbar now. :-S

Talking of sound bars - we bought an LG NB2520A soundbar for the TV earlier this year and it certainly improves the TV sound enough not to need subtitles most of the time.

But I do have to wonder if one of these Shockwave gizmos would do the job for a fraction of the price!

C'est la vie!

UPDATE:

A product which looks identical to the Shockwave is being sold in Tesco under their own brand name Tecnika for £15

I would post a pic but i'm not sure the Tesco staff would be happy about me unboxing it (even comes in the same box, just with different printing)

Archived