Hello from a new member

Tailendcharley

:-D :-D Hi to everyone...just found this site and registered so it's a big hello from me...I'm in the process of changing from a caravaner to a motorhome owner. We go skiing every year,usually to the 3 Valleys in France.I would like to take a motorhome and stay in it in the mountains...any tips,suggestions or views would be appreciated...thanks in advance.... :-> :-> Terry Smith :-> :->

Hi Terry, Welcome to the site, I'm sure other camping car ski'ers will be able to give you some pointers. We did stay at one of the skiing stations in the Pyrenees, a few miles past Laruns, it was very late summer before last, and was quite cold at night even then, but no snow. Your motorhome will need to be a winterised for use in very cold climates, reading the forums, you will notice that heating elements need to be installed in the fresh and gray water tanks etc.. use propane, but then I expect you know all that. Regards Terry

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys I am exactly the same as terry although looking to add motorhoming to sailing. Like to ski every year and have thought about using the van in this way. any tips, ideas comments will be gratefully received. Terry maybe we are the only people to think along these lines - surely not!! Living in Plymouth i was thinking about - Plymouth Roscoff and down to andorra but who knows. Keepers :-D

Archived