Hankook Tyre Pressures

JonMac46

In an earlier thread Derek Uzzell suggested that Hankook LT RA18 215/70 R15C M&S might be suitable for my Detthleffs. I haven't decided yet, although I can get 5 of these for the price of 4 Michelin camping tyres. I decided to contact Hankook about tyre pressures and thought their response might be of general interest:

The tyre size 215/70R15c 109/107S Hankook LT Vantra RA18 is a tyre specified for commercial use.

The maximum load that the tyres can carry on an axle are as follows:

Single wheel fitment Axle: 109 = 1030kgs

Dual wheel Fitment Axle: 107 = 975kgs

At a maximum pressure of 65 P.S.I.

It is recommended that for motorhome use you do not exceed 90% of the vehicles maximum capacity so this works out at:

Single wheel fitment Axle: 109 = 1030kgs x 2(tyres) = 2060kgs – 10% safety margin = a maximum axle weight of 1854kgs

Dual wheel Fitment Axle: 107 = 975kgs x 4(tyres) = 3900kgs – 10% safety margin = a maximum axle weight of 3510kgs

It's perhaps worth mentioning that ANY tyre intended for light commercial vehicle (ie. 'white van') usage with a 215/70R15C 109/107 specification will have the same 1030kg/975kg maximum loadings provided by Hankook for their Vantra LT RA18 tyre and the same maximum design pressure of 65psi.

For motorhome use, restricting the load placed on the tyre to 90% of its maximum design load-carrying capabilty makes good sense.

Just had fitted a set of 4 new tyre's from the on line outfit blackcircles.com . No problem with getting them fitted by a local tyre fitting firm Premier Autos in Hednesford Staffs.

In the end I picked Yokohama All Season Y354's at a cost of £406, this was total cost and I get 1200 Tesco points as a bonus.

Had them put the tyre pressures at 65 for both front and rear.

This is the first time I have used a online tyre service and having checked local firms for prices I think I saved about £50, well worth shopping around.

Just got specific info:

My apologies I thought I had mentioned the tyre pressures.

After doing some calculations we recommend that you run the front axle with a weight of 1690kg at 52 P.S.I.

And we recommend that you run the rear axle with a weight of 1750kg at 54 P.S.I.

Archived