Still using Aldi/Lidl washing tablets?

Tea Cup

Bio, despite the name is the opposite to bio friendly, it refers to the biological action on the organic matter in stains.It is deadly to the organisms in septic tanks and is harmfull to the environment in general.

If it's just used to mask the smell ordinary washing tablets would do the job as well.

gocro - 2013-08-15 7:01 PM

Bio, despite the name is the opposite to bio friendly, it refers to the biological action on the organic matter in stains.It is deadly to the organisms in septic tanks and is harmfull to the environment in general.

If it's just used to mask the smell ordinary washing tablets would do the job as well.

i agree with the ist part but ordinary liqid doesn,t break the effluent down, i,ve tried it. it still stinks.very few campsites, aires etc use septic tanks, i carry a bottle of green just in case As millions of washing mcs use bio compared to a few hundred m,homes the harmfull to the environment comment is not really relevent,imo.

This product contains 24% Formaldehyde. 8-)

It is an instant killer of Septic tanks and is at least 2.5 times the amount of other brands.

I will stick to my Aldi/Lidl cheap Bio.

lennyhb - 2013-08-18 9:39 AM

I'll stick with my SOG in knowledge I'll only be adding fresh manure to the environment :D

plus the damage to the environment when drive your van which far worst than a little bio. If your are so concerned about the environment sleep on your drive :D

bigal55 - 2013-08-18 9:57 PM

I'll stick with my SOG in knowledge I'll only be adding fresh manure to the environment :D

plus the damage to the environment when drive your van which far worst than a little bio. If your are so concerned about the environment sleep on your drive :D

I f you are going to take that view better turn off the gas, electricity & water at home, don't use any manufactured goods that take energy to make or any food that is processed or transported by any method other than foot. :D

bigal55 - 2013-08-14 9:32 PM

not used the tablets only ldyl bio liqid for 3yrs, only emty the tank when full, smells like your washing. non of that sog stink :D ,

I have read quite a bit about the use of these products but know one has ever mentioned how much to use, is it measured with the toilet end cap or just put in as you think ?

Terry

On the subject of 'blue' fluids and the one Halfords have on offer containing 24% formaldehyde, the same company produce a version containing 10% which is also blue in colour and Maypole (who are not producers but distributors of many products under their own name) supply a zero % liquid which just to confuse us all is also blue in colour. So much for being 'green'. What if we bought the Maypole product and arrived at a site where 'blue toilet fluid' was taboo.

http://www.maypole.ltd.uk/index.php?webpage=product_detail.php&product_id=47886&cID=15918

lennyhb - 2013-08-19 8:32 AM

bigal55 - 2013-08-18 9:57 PM

I f you are going to take that view better turn off the gas, electricity & water at home, don't use any manufactured goods that take energy to make or any food that is processed or transported by any method other than foot. :D

you are the one who brought the enviroment in to the thread, pehaps it is you that should be doing the above. my point is that the use of bio in the tank has very little effect on the enviroment compared with the rest of the pollutants we put out and if you care so much that you are worried about a little bit of bio you should follow your own advice. i have no intention of winding you up but bringing the enviroment into the thead is a very weak point. imo

tp002c784tp002c784tp - 2013-08-19 4:05 PM

bigal55 - 2013-08-14 9:32 PM

not used the tablets only ldyl bio liqid for 3yrs, only emty the tank when full, smells like your washing. non of that sog stink :D ,

I have read quite a bit about the use of these products but know one has ever mentioned how much to use, is it measured with the toilet end cap or just put in as you think ?

Terry

i use the amount you use in a wash, 1 bottle equals 28 tankfulls

The only reason I brought the environment into is because addition of chemicals into a septic tank can upset the biological balance and the tank can not do it's job.

Service areas on German Autobhans often have septic tanks and have signs "no emptying of chemical toilets" no problem if you are using a SOG.

Archived