Favourite Drink

antony1969

I got to wondering what everyone's fave tipple might be , me I like pear cider at the minute of which the best is Cornish Rattlers .

I see Tracker as a Bailey's and ice kind of bloke , Dave Pelmet a pint of home brew and Clive H a nice bottle of red , maybe Souvior 78 , Donna likes Blue Wicked's and Yosser I think sniff's glue .

Am I right ?

Speyside Malt although too much is not good for me. I am counting the years (5 to go) when i will have my very own barrel of the stuff. Bought it when I Retired as a pressie for the old age. It is currently maturing in a warehouse on a Scottish island. However, drinking all of it will definitely kill me, however grandson has kindly offered to help.

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2013-08-15 5:21 PM

I got to wondering what everyone's fave tipple might be , me I like pear cider at the minute of which the best is Cornish Rattlers .

I see Tracker as a Bailey's and ice kind of bloke , Dave Pelmet a pint of home brew and Clive H a nice bottle of red , maybe Souvior 78 , Donna likes Blue Wicked's and Yosser I think sniff's glue .

Am I right ?

Sorry to disappoint Antony, but a nice Shiraz floats my boat ;-)....................not that I don't enjoy a nice bitter, sadly I only have a half pint bladder *-)...........so end up spending a lot of time reading graffiti :D

antony1969 - 2013-08-15 5:21 PM

Am I right ?

I think that Clive's bottle of red is probably rioja (see Pelmetman's 'storytime') but he'll have to tell you himself.

Me -- mine's White Viognier (Condrieu preferably) or Red Burgundy (Pinot Noir) from Clos de Vougeot -- scrumptious and v.expensive!

Pear cider? never heard it called that. I was brought up in the cider apple and perry pear orchards of Gloucestershire -- drank loads of scrumpy & perry -- but never met 'pear cider'

Glue-sniffing is about right for Yosser -- terrible habit -- half the boys in the Wiltshire town that I worked in as a social worker in the early 80's were on the stuff!

Cheers,

Colin.

P.S. Dave 225's post reminds me of my partiality to a 'wee dram' -- 15-year old Glenfarclas is lovely -- but my Dr. won't allow it -- damn!

C.

Not that I dislike Baileys, or almost any other liqueur, but sorry to disappoint as my favourite refreshing drink has been for some time a nicely chilled very low alcohol Panache de Saint Omer or two!

But I do know someone with a partiality to Baileys so if you have an used bottle to donate it's my guess they might appreciate it right now!

Mr Gordons finest accompanied by Mr Schweppes tonic for pre dinner drinkies....  a nice Pinotage to go with an equally nice rib eye steak.  A couple more generous measures of Pinotage for the hell of it (shame not to empty the bottle....) and a 'pseudo' Baileys as a nightcap.........ah the thought of it......tomorrow night it begins.

Guest pelmetman

Aaaah Ribeye steak B-).....................now yer talking :D......................cooked very rare ie a minute each side on a mega hot pan, served with crumbled Stilton and hand cut Maris Piper chips, plus some garlic mushrooms and slow roasted tomatoes ;-)........

Oh dear.............I've dribbled all over my keyboard :$

Dave225 - 2013-08-15 5:38 PM

Speyside Malt although too much is not good for me. I am counting the years (5 to go) when i will have my very own barrel of the stuff. Bought it when I Retired as a pressie for the old age. It is currently maturing in a warehouse on a Scottish island. However, drinking all of it will definitely kill me, however grandson has kindly offered to help.

Wish I could drink spirits but they just don't agree with me . Have looked around a few distilleries but come the end and taste testing I've never been able to drink the damn stuff .

The hardest stuff I can drink is southern comfort and lemonade .

Another nice cider Kopparberg summer fruits ,

pelmetman - 2013-08-15 6:59 PM

Aaaah Ribeye steak B-).....................now yer talking :D......................cooked very rare ie a minute each side on a mega hot pan, served with crumbled Stilton and hand cut Maris Piper chips, plus some garlic mushrooms and slow roasted tomatoes ;-)........

Oh dear.............I've dribbled all over my keyboard :$

Stop that kind of talk your making me dribble. Mind you I've just come home from our local butchers with a supply of meat for our next trip amongst which is six of his finest Ribeye. Like to cook quickly on our Cadac and eat outside washed down with a pint of Old Speckled Hen.

Ahhh ...... a good Bloody Mary with all the bells & whistles ,....... Vodka x 2 or x3 , Tom Juice, Fino Sherry, Celery Salt, Lea & Perrins Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce, Freshly ground black pepper. After 2 or 3 of those ..... bliss! .... and you don't need to eat!

pelmetman - 2013-08-15 6:59 PMAaaah Ribeye steak B-).....................now yer talking :D......................cooked very rare ie a minute each side on a mega hot pan, served with crumbled Stilton and hand cut Maris Piper chips, plus some garlic mushrooms and slow roasted tomatoes ;-)........Oh dear.............I've dribbled all over my keyboard :$

alternatively ....cut it's head and tail off...wipe it's backside and stick it on a plate  :-)  or as a chef would say ....blue.

laimeduck - 2013-08-15 9:14 PM

Ahhh ...... a good Bloody Mary with all the bells & whistles ,....... Vodka x 2 or x3 , Tom Juice, Fino Sherry, Celery Salt, Lea & Perrins Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce, Freshly ground black pepper. After 2 or 3 of those ..... bliss! .... and you don't need to eat!

Ah! Welcome back Jeremy! That doesn't sound like a drink to me..............more like a bowl of soup! :D

Cheers! enjoy!

Colin.

Archived