Dometic RM7291 L gas ignition fault

heraldbank

Can anyone tell me how to get the cover strip off at the top front of the fridge. It seems to be free at the ends but tight near the two knobs. I've tried pulling the knobs and pulling the cover without success. I would like to check the 12 volt supply from the selector switch because I have an occasional failure to "spark" the gas ignition. It works when the experts look at it but fails occasionally which is when I need to check it for possible loose connections or maybe a faulty switch.

Thanks

I have the RM7401 which hopefully will be similar. You need to get the knobs off and behind them you will find a total of 4 screws to get the cover off. With a bit of jiggery pokey you should get the pcb out. Hopefully there will be 6way connector strip which has the permanent 12 volts dc and the 12 volts dc from the alternator when running.

The selector switch is a bit of a nightmare as part of the pcb and take carre it does not fall apart. I had to replace complete pcb once as this switch became faulty.

Good luck and hope this helps

Guest 1footinthegrave

Are you sure it is a 12 volt supply fault, my fridge was becoming more and more difficult to ignite on gas, the answer was to take it out completely and service the burner which was full of crud.

If you do think it's a 12 volt supply issue perhaps rather than pulling at knobs you could ( if it is the same as mine ) remove the outer grills on your van and access the spark malarky at the back of the fridge to check for power, or failure of the spark igniter as I had one of these pack up on a previous van. ;-) I'd be very surprised if it was the connection at the switch, secured as it is with a cable clamp, although of course the switch could be faulty, but as I say if it was me I'd be checking behind the fridge first.

I second that...

My Dometic 7-Series fridge/freezer became unpredictable regarding automatic re-ignition of the gas-burner. I thought the burner might need cleaning but it was, in fact, OK. However, I did notice that one of the two cables that push into the gas-igniter unit attached to the rear of the appliance was a loose fit. After fiddling with the cable's connector to make it fit tighter in the igniter-unit, the problem went away. Of course, this could just have been coincidence, but it would be worth checking (as would the cleanliness of the burner and gas-flue).

Archived