Pitch sizes on cc sites

Pampam

I really like cc sites and always enjoy staying on them . However it's come to my attention that loads of them simply don't accommodate longer vehicles . It surprises me because I see massive 4x4's with great big caravans on sites and yet quite a few that I've wanted to visit have a limit of 8.5 metres and sadly my vans 8.7 have been looking at Scotland and there's a nice site on the coast but there's an 8.5 limit on it so very disappointed . When I get the time am going to go through the whole lot of sites and see how many I can and can't use and it wouldn't surprise me if its 50/50 you'd have thought they would have accommodated larger vehicles especially as some are on racecourses... It's something I never thought of when I got the longer vehicle that an actual caravan club wouldn't always be able to accommodate us ..pp

Don't see the site Sargent major noticing the difference between an 8.5 & 8.7 metre van if you really want to stay on there site don't worry about unless of course they are waiting at the gate with a tape measure, now that wouldn't surprise me on a CC site.

Don't see the attraction of staying on a site in Scotland with all that lovely wild camping available.

lennyhb - 2013-08-19 9:25 PM

Don't see the site Sargent major noticing the difference between an 8.5 & 8.7 metre van if you really want to stay on there site don't worry about unless of course they are waiting at the gate with a tape measure, now that wouldn't surprise me on a CC site.

Don't see the attraction of staying on a site in Scotland with all that lovely wild camping available.

For gods sake Lenny, you go on at me for pushing my views but you are certainly no better. The original poster did not ask about camping in laybys to save a few quid. Pampam I would agree with others, do not tell them, they will not measure your van. You should get an indication from the site description as to whether they will take your van, Bristol for example clearly will not and this is made clear in the site description.

rupert123 - 2013-08-20 10:31 AM

lennyhb - 2013-08-19 9:25 PM

For gods sake Lenny, you go on at me for pushing my views but you are certainly no better. The original poster did not ask about camping in laybys to save a few quid. Pampam I would agree with others, do not tell them, they will not measure your van. You should get an indication from the site description as to whether they will take your van, Bristol for example clearly will not and this is made clear in the site description.

You took the bait Henry I wondered how long it would take, everyone else just kept quite. :D :D :D :D

Guest JudgeMental
bolero boy - 2013-08-20 10:18 AM

sshortcircuit - 2013-08-20 7:29 AM

Have you actually been refused or is this just supposition? I doubt if 200mm added to 8500mm is going to be noticed or of concern. If it worries you phone ahead.

..........and tell them you're 8.5m ;-)

You would "think" wouldn't you...... :-D

No I haven't attempted to book as it states maximum length ,so I just assume why put a limit if your not going to stick to it.but I will phone up and ask and see how I get on.i will do a bit of wildcamping but really wanted to park van up and visit family ,anyhow was put off requesting any give and take after asking c&cc last year if I could stay for ONE night on their Culzean castle site and it was the last night of their "busy" peak season and they wouldn't let me stay for one night although they had vacancies and like I say it was their LAST NIGHT so I had to stop at Ayr ,anyhow so that put me off asking em to bend the rules but will phone and ask ta pp.

Archived