motorhome specs

tonyg3nwl

Probably MMM buyers guide pages - but as I have not seen a magazine for years I don't know how accurate it is or even the current format.

The last time I saw it they had changed the format from listing by maker to listing by type of van and I found it a confusing pig's ear of a thing!

There are other mags and I suspect that some of them might have something similar - have a look on the shelves in newsagents or WH Smith?

MMM magazine's "Live-in Test" reports show bed size(s) in the data section, but I don't know if the tester measures the bed(s) or just copies the dimensions from the motorhome manufacturer's brochure (that will normally include this information).

As far as I'm aware there is no general 'database' of motorhomes that would provide the bed size(s) for every model. If you are in the market for a motorhome, you need to make a shopping-list of those models likely to suit your requirements and then check each one for its bed dimensions.

Archiesgrandad - 2013-08-22 11:53 AM

As one of the full size people I find it appalling that pretty well all the magazines and their reporters will talk about beds as if they were full size domestic beds, but they ain't. Most are shorter, most are narrower, so trust no-one and take a measuring tape whenever you go looking.

AGD

But if the bed dimensions are clearly stated within a motorhome test report (as they are in MMM magazine's "Live-in Test" reviews) why should it be necessary to comment on this elsewhere unless the dimensions are unusually small?

I've read reports where it's been pointed out that, say, a 'double' bed is especially narrow, or especially short, and also when the brochure dimensions don't match those of the vehicle on test. However, it should be pretty obvious when a bed is particularly undersized just by looking at it, even if you don't know its exact dimensions.

Do potential motorhome buyers read a magazine test review, like the sound of the vehicle reported on, then buy the motorhome sight-unseen? Surely nobody would be reckless enough to do that?

Archived