Get a Life.

Clamper

Guest JudgeMental
ham - 2013-08-22 6:40 PM

It can't be that bad you still live here. If it is that bad why don't you emigrate

Poor health , kids still at uni..is that OK with you.....plus the crazy state of the housing market where my property has gone up £60,000 + since Christmas, I don't like it but not stupid....*-)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental
JamesFrance - 2013-08-22 7:52 PM

I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Winding up those who always take the bait".

I don't know about anyone else but I always think the phrase "Get a life" is meant to be offensive. The rest of the topic is entirely predictable.

Precisely.........with not one smiley in sight..like I said an idiot....

The above is a prime example of what the OP was getting at - never heard so much cr%p in my life - and if that was an attempt at humour - leave it to the professionals and stick to your cheap plonk. I've seen cheap drag artists do a better attempt at humour and they rely on belittling people to get a laugh...

Personally I love this country - we have countryside and scenery to match anything the continent has to offer - not to mention better food (and no language problems). But each to their own.

and that is it - EACH TO THEIR OWN!

How dare you think that your opinions are any more valid than anyone else. Why do you feel the need to always have to say your piece?

To add to the title of this post 'Get a Life' i would also like to add 'And Grow Up'

as the great Ena Sharples once said 'I've heard enough scriching in this bug hutch to last me from Weatherfield Viaduct to Whit Week Walk!'

(Cue - have a go at me for being Northern)

Tracker - 2013-08-22 4:44 PM

On the other hand it helps to pass the time whilst waiting for the rain to pass so I can finish off loading the van ready for another weekend of non site camping!

August already and we have only had ten weeks away so far this year - must be slowing down(lol)

As you are retired, what the hell are you doing going away on a bank holiday weekend?

Oh dear, just give a point of view while not being offensive or resorting to distasteful name calling and where does it get you? Sort of proves the point somewhat doesn’t it.

Anyway JudgeMental, I can see that with all the holidays away from the UK you are indeed a luck and happy chap [or should be] and are probably much more pleasant in real life when not anonymous safe behind a screen.

When and where are you heading down to Spain, I am here now and will be for a few months yet, I will buy you a long cool beer and save you the best pitch possible.

Together we can change the World and sort out Cornwall.

:-D

colin - 2013-08-22 8:08 PM

As you are retired, what the hell are you doing going away on a bank holiday weekend?

As the saying goes Colin - because we can!!

Last minute decision, well 3 pm today - decided to go to a MCC weekend meet by the Thames near Kingston on Thames tomorrow for a day or three - may go on elsewhere next week - may come back - no rush as we are not away to the Alpes for almost two weeks!

Good innit (lol)

Tracker - 2013-08-22 8:31 PM

colin - 2013-08-22 8:08 PM

As the saying goes Colin - because we can!!

Last minute decision, well 3 pm today - decided to go to a MCC weekend meet by the Thames near Kingston on Thames tomorrow for a day or three - may go on elsewhere next week - may come back - no rush as we are not away to the Alpes for almost two weeks!

Good innit (lol)

I avoid going away on bank holidays if given the choice, I'd much rather be walking the dogs around the farm with hardly another person to be seen, but I'm not always given the choice, and that means me with five females to keep under control *-)

Clamper - 2013-08-22 7:08 PM

In just a few postings judge you have managed to contribute the following.

……….pig ignorant crap like this...

………inhabited with big mouthed morons like you....

……..what a cretin

……… you can stick cornwall up your pig ignorant behind....

And even managed to insult Cornwall and infer that I had any view on the county. Love the place actually.

Indeed judge, loads of attitude and unpleasantness on here. What a shame, probably puts some new subscribers off of posting on any subject that does not run with or agree with the norm, however scribed. Bur does sort of confirm the inference in my original posting.

HERE HERE!!!! strange arrogance, not a happy person at all, if you hate uk that much why indeed do you still live here, has the nhs got anything to do with it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder, not so bad after all, hmmmmm.

Never mind.

colin - 2013-08-22 8:49 PM

I avoid going away on bank holidays if given the choice, I'd much rather be walking the dogs around the farm with hardly another person to be seen, but I'm not always given the choice, and that means me with five females to keep under control *-)

Five females is more than one man should have to contend with Colin and you have my deepest admiration for being so stoic under such adversity!

We very rarely venture far on a bank holiday either but as we have not been away for almost a month now we just kinda fancied getting away from it all to try out some new mattress toppers in the Duvalays so heaven alone knows why we chose Kingston!

Oh well it's not that far and the M25 is always quiet on a bank holiday Friday innit!

Here's the place to go for everyone to be as miserable an old sod as possible – www.dullmensclub.com/

Airport carousels, park benches, coat hangers, dog collars, hand soap, the Duct tape festival and numerous other things we have to explore in our later years.

But for the moment let's just have a good moan about Motorhome related topics to pass the time until we really do get past it.

Viva la Forums!

chick2 - 2013-08-22 9:35 PM

Here's the place to go for everyone to be as miserable an old sod as possible – www.dullmensclub.com/

Airport carousels, park benches, coat hangers, dog collars, hand soap, the Duct tape festival and numerous other things we have to explore in our later years.

But for the moment let's just have a good moan about Motorhome related topics to pass the time until we really do get past it.

Viva la Forums!

Or we could join the U3A.

Pampam - 2013-08-22 11:11 PM

Eyup tracker we've got the duvalays they are Brillo best nights sleep ever I like the lightweightedness of them and they are so easy to roll up and put away, they are one of our better buys for the van or so my BH says .pp

Absolutely agree Pam.

However as the beds on our van are already quite soft, and the Raskelf memory foam at 1.5" thick is fairly firm, we are trying a 1.00" thick softer memory foam which, if it works will also make daytime stowage easier as they roll up less fat than before.

Will advise on Tuesday!

Hummm.... I was thinking of joining this forum for some interesting and informative comment...Think I will stay with Facebook !!!

Just give a point of view while not being offensive or resorting to distasteful name calling and where does it get you? Sort of proves the point somewhat doesn’t it.

Anyway JudgeMental, I can see that with all the holidays away from the UK you are indeed a luck and happy chap [or should be] and are probably much more pleasant in real life when not anonymous safe behind a screen.

When and where are you heading down to Spain, I am here now and will be for a few months yet, I will buy you a long cool beer and save you the best pitch possible.

Together we can change the World and sort out Cornwall.

(lol) (lol)

Phil The Hat - 2013-08-23 12:38 PM

Hummm.... I was thinking of joining this forum for some interesting and informative comment...Think I will stay with Facebook !!!

(lol) (lol)

Hope you will stick around Phil. You will find some very helpful people on here at times.

When reading the other dross just think of this quotation from Eleanor Roosevelt :

Great minds discuss ideas

Average minds discuss events

Small minds discuss people

Not strictly true of course - but it's a good guide to who should be taken seriously.

(lol)

Hi Phil the Hat.

Don’t do that, stay and enjoy the mostly good humour and wealth of information offered by this [and other] motorhome forum sites.

You can meet some really nice people and fellow travellers. I am at this moment sitting on a great little campsite in Spain with a group of likeminded, meeting to set off on a 15 day tour with Andalusia Detours. The group are friendly and happy.

I am both mortified and devastated having not received at least an acknowledgement or decline from “Mental” after my genuine offer to buy a beer etc.

Never mind, last evening, sitting around the dying embers of a hearty group BBQ we did have a good laugh reading Mental’s comments. But we where unanimously in agreement that he is probably a very nice chap, just suffering from Italian Withdrawal, a none too uncommon infliction.

(lol) (lol) (lol) ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

Just a response to your OP, perhaps when the country has simply has run out of places to shove " no motorhomes parking" signs, and the very last height barrier has been erected, many of which exist at supermarkets so preventing disabled motor home users to even get their bloody shopping, never mind the able bodied ones, you'll join the moaners club as well. ;-)

What you and your ilk ignore is without protest all of these bloody petty minded officials know no bounds, so I'll continue to kick up a fuss, as do many other "moaners" and continue our complaints that MAY,just MAY stop this madness.

As for me getting a life, I do get one as I piss off to France and Europe at every opportunity. ;-) and I'm convinced that the majority on here barely get past the end of their street, and have never experienced the freedom of going across the water, perhaps that's what pisses them of the most, that some of us do. ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
ips - 2013-08-23 1:23 PM

With respect many of us would like to do france spain or wherever but cannot afford the time away from business or work. One day, but for now we must be content with good old blighty :-D

I fully accept that, a good analogy would be like eating corned beef all your life because that's all you had experienced, then suddenly finding fillet steak the first time you go over, well that's my view anyway, and I say to anyone do it sooner than later if at all possible . ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
ips - 2013-08-23 1:41 PM

You may well be right I will report back in a few years time but for now to use your analogy I will make do with spam (don't like corned beef) (lol)

Dave Newall described France as being full of Garlic munchers and Froggies, I guess it wasn't for him ;-)

Odd that so many others find the French friendly and very hospitable to us Brits, oh well it takes all sorts I guess. ;-)

Archived