Stellplatz near Munich

Mike B.

Hi Mike, I can't remember which side of Munich it was on but we stayed at the Allianz Arena (Bayern Munichs football Ground) which is close to the Olympic park not too far from the centre of Munich. There is a free bus which drops you at the Olympic Park and you switch buses for the city centre again free. We got off the bus near the English Gardens and walked the remainder to the Rasthaus which is at the very centre of Munich. We got a taxi back to the area because the buses stop running at 5.30pm.

The Alianz. Arena car park is open to motorhomes for overnight parking if there are no home games that day, cost is 15euro /night with electric and toilet disposal but no fresh water. It seems to be the closest Stellplatz to the centre of Munich if you wish to visit (unless someone knows different of course).

If you are in that area for a while it is well worth visiting Dachau concentration camp which is to the north west of Munich about 25 km away as I recall.

Hope this helps, we stayed at both above places on the way to Croatia a few weeks ago.

Gavin

Guest JudgeMental
Dachau camp...we visited on route to Slovenia/Croatia in 2011, and overnighted on what I guess was an unofficial aire that was in my sat nav. It was on a small private airport and you just pulled onto grass under trees...felt a bit nervous as no other vans about but it was OK I guess. If interested I can try and find it when wife returns from family visit tomorrow (with sat nav) but it means not entering the city if just on route...

No personal experience, but there appears to be one at Sulzemoos, provided by a (very) large caravan/motorhome dealer, which is detailed in both recent Campingcar-infos and Bordatlas.

It is just off the motorway at

Ohmstraße 16

Der Freistaat Caravaning More

85254 SULZEMOOS

Latitude : (Nord) 48.28159° Décimaux ou 48° 16' 53''

Longitude : (Est) 11.26145° Décimaux ou 11° 15' 41''

I can see what looks like it on Google Maps, and the reviews, such as they are, look OK.

Thanks for the replies guys

Just trying to work some sort of route home and how far to go each day. Am going via Slovenia taking in Ljubljana, Visiting friends in Udine and Peschiera then probably going over the Brenner to Austria and back through Germany, Luxemburg to Belgium and up to Namur before cutting across on the free motorway from Namur to Dunkirk. This is the quickest mostly non toll route I know so am just looking for overnight stops en route. I figure I'll only have to pay in Italy plus vignettes for Austria & Slovenia so not so bad really.

Thanks for the info

Mike

Last week stayed on the stellplatz at Ausburg not very far from Munich. Cost was 8 euros per night plus 1 euro for 4 hours electric.We could not find the stellplaz at first due to not having its address so called into a local police station, a kind young policeman drew us a map so not all coppers are bad LOL

Hope this helps.

Zydeco Joe - 2013-09-01 6:23 PM

Last week stayed on the stellplatz at Ausburg not very far from Munich. Cost was 8 euros per night plus 1 euro for 4 hours electric.We could not find the stellplaz at first due to not having its address so called into a local police station, a kind young policeman drew us a map so not all coppers are bad LOL

Hope this helps.

Do you have the address and maybe the coordinates now and if so would you like to share it?

Mike

Guest JudgeMental
Mike B. - 2013-08-26 2:58 PM

Thanks for the replies guys

Just trying to work some sort of route home and how far to go each day. Am going via Slovenia taking in Ljubljana, Visiting friends in Udine and Peschiera then probably going over the Brenner to Austria and back through Germany, Luxemburg to Belgium and up to Namur before cutting across on the free motorway from Namur to Dunkirk. This is the quickest mostly non toll route I know so am just looking for overnight stops en route. I figure I'll only have to pay in Italy plus vignettes for Austria & Slovenia so not so bad really.

Thanks for the info

Mike

That's the route we go every year..motorway all the way no tolls except teo amounting to 12 euro near strasburgh, but even these svoidable........Italy like Spain tolls real cheap so not with avoiding.

If over 3500 kg Austria tolls easily avoidable via fern pass....if under 3500 kg cheap as well.

Brian Kirby - 2013-09-01 11:33 PM

I think you'll find it here: N48.36972 E10.87778. Probably room for 12 vans, possibly 15.

Thanks Brian

Judge

-am going that way but bypass Strasburgand go for Karlesrhue and cross at Saarbrucken and going Brenner as don't fancy Fernpass with trailer at that time of year.

Thanks for the info

Mike

Mike B. - 2013-09-01 8:11 PM

Hope this helps.

Do you have the address and maybe the coordinates now and if so would you like to share it?

Mike

As I dont use a Sat Nag the best I can do is give you the road names.

Its on the right side of the river Wertach on Holzbach Strasse on the junction of Begim-Ackermann Strasse.At the moment there is some road works so its a bit difficult to access the site but its ok if you take it very easy.You turn right immediately over the river bridge and immediately right again.

Brian is usually right so if you use a sat nag his co-ordinates will most likely get you to the stellplatz. It does hold around 15 vans in two areas. Rubish removed from the bins early but we did not hear them so that was good.It worked ok for us.

Zydeco Joe - 2013-09-02 5:05 PM

Mike B. - 2013-09-01 8:11 PM

Hope this helps.

Mike

As I dont use a Sat Nag the best I can do is give you the road names.

Its on the right side of the river Wertach on Holzbach Strasse on the junction of Begim-Ackermann Strasse.At the moment there is some road works so its a bit difficult to access the site but its ok if you take it very easy.You turn right immediately over the river bridge and immediately right again.

Brian is usually right so if you use a sat nag his co-ordinates will most likely get you to the stellplatz. It does hold around 15 vans in two areas. Rubish removed from the bins early but we did not hear them so that was good.It worked ok for us.

Yep, that description corresponds with my co-ordinates. Fischerstuben ("stube" bar/restaurant) on corner of Holbach Strasse - assuming it is still open. Never been, just spurious info from Navteq!

We used the stellplatz at Sulzemoos this spring. It’s easy to find – take junction 77 off the A8. Look for the huge motorhome dealership where there is free parking and a dump (in the showroom area). There are a few electric hook ups, although we did not use one.

Hope this helps.

Cattwg :-D

Archived