Brittany Ferries location in Le Havre

Way2Go

Can someone please tell me where the Brittany Ferries check-in is in Le Havre?

I've obviously checked their web site but their map is very diagrammatic and not very helpful at all. In fact they say the terminal is 49.485412, 0.114563 which is actually in the water which I guess is only to be expected !!

I've looked on Google maps Streetview but the images are May 2011 and show 2.5m height restrictions in both directions on the Av. Lucien Corbeaux.

I've looked at the Quai Frissard entrance 49.488597, 0.120252 (looks like a check-in to me) but the Streetview (May 2012) shows that it's the LD check-in. No mention of Brittany Ferries.

Could one of you regular users please tell me where it is? I'll be coming along the A131 / E5 from Honfleur.

Many thanks in anticipation.

W2G

We've only ever used it once and that was a few years ago but I recall it was at least as clearly signposted as all the other ports so there should be no need to worry?

I just bunged 'Le Havre' into the sat nav and then followed the ferry signs when we got there without any problems.

Hi W2G,

N49*29'06". E0*06'52"

This will take you to the free Aire on the dockside, you can watch the ferries come in.

There is an height restriction on one lane, and my TomTom routed me to it, it's an underpass, but easily avoided if you keep your eyes on the upcoming lanes.

Entrance to port just around the corner from the Aire.

Tracker - 2013-08-27 3:53 PM

. . . . I just bunged 'Le Havre' into the sat nav and then followed the ferry signs.

Thanks for replying Tracker but following road signs rather defeats the object of having a satnav doesn't it? Road signs are a good confirmation that you're in the right place but with some careful planning your satnav should take you right to the front door . . . . or in this case the docks entrance ;-)

Thanks for replying though as it seems only two forum members have ever used Le Havre.

pkc - 2013-08-27 7:11 PM

Hi W2G,

N49*29'06". E0*06'52"

This will take you to the free Aire on the dockside, you can watch the ferries come in.

There is an height restriction on one lane, and my TomTom routed me to it, it's an underpass, but easily avoided if you keep your eyes on the upcoming lanes.

Thanks for replying and posting the picture. I had found the aire but discounted it because we would be staying within easy commuting distance on the last night ready for the early afternoon departure.

When you say "just around the corner" could you be a little bit more precise. I mean, there must be some sort of docks entrance and a huge car park somewhere where you eventually go over the road (via a ramp) to the ship. The only entrance I can see from a satellite view is 49.488606, 0.120248 Quai Frissard, 76600 Le Havre. Is that the right place coz if you follow the road up to check-in it only says LD Lines.

We've only ever used it once and that was a few years ago but I recall it was at least as clearly signposted as all the other ports so there should be no need to worry?

I just bunged 'Le Havre' into the sat nav and then followed the ferry signs when we got there without any problems.

Agree with Rich, your satnav may have the ferry port as a POI entry in which case follow it. If not, then any traffic going west along the A131 will come across many signs directing you to the terminal....after all, what else is there, lol.

We have only used it once and had no difficulty finding where to go. One of the issues with Street View etc is that the pictures are out of date before they are posted and ferry companies do change.

My only issue was that there was a huge storm and strong winds the night before our crossing and I was worried that the bridge over the Seine may have been closed and this would mean a much longer trip from honfleur to the port.

Relax, it's an easy trip.

Way2Go - 2013-08-28 8:05 AM

Hi W2G,

N49*29'06". E0*06'52"

Thanks for replying and posting the picture. I had found the aire but discounted it because we would be staying within easy commuting distance on the last night ready for the early afternoon departure.

When you say "just around the corner" could you be a little bit more precise. I mean, there must be some sort of docks entrance and a huge car park somewhere where you eventually go over the road (via a ramp) to the ship. The only entrance I can see from a satellite view is 49.488606, 0.120248 Quai Frissard, 76600 Le Havre. Is that the right place coz if you follow the road up to check-in it only says LD Lines.

Yep it's the same just follow the LD signs.

There is to my knowledge only the one terminal which serves LD and Brittany ferries.

From memory the LD lines kiosks are on the right lane, the Brittany to the left.

Cheers.

Address & contact details

Terminal de la Citadelle

Le Havre

Tel: 02 35 51 10 20

GPS co-ordinates: 49.485412, 0.114563

bolero boy - 2013-08-28 8:45 AM

Agree with Rich, your satnav may have the ferry port as a POI entry in which case follow it. If not, then any traffic going west along the A131 will come across many signs directing you to the terminal....after all, what else is there, lol.

We have only used it once and had no difficulty finding where to go. One of the issues with Street View etc is that the pictures are out of date before they are posted and ferry companies do change.

My only issue was that there was a huge storm and strong winds the night before our crossing and I was worried that the bridge over the Seine may have been closed and this would mean a much longer trip from honfleur to the port.

Relax, it's an easy trip.

Many thanks - much appreciated.

pkc - 2013-08-28 9:56 AM

Way2Go - 2013-08-28 8:05 AM

Hi W2G,

N49*29'06". E0*06'52"

Yep it's the same just follow the LD signs.

There is to my knowledge only the one terminal which serves LD and Brittany ferries.

From memory the LD lines kiosks are on the right lane, the Brittany to the left.

Cheers.

Address & contact details

Terminal de la Citadelle

Le Havre

Tel: 02 35 51 10 20

GPS co-ordinates: 49.485412, 0.114563

Great, thanks for the updated information, very much appreciated.

robertandjean - 2013-08-28 1:24 PM

Not used ferry but have stayed on aire earlier this year when was very busy but great for visiting the city. Note aire is now charged, think 7 euros a night so that should make it easier to find a space.

Good God! Is nothing sacred? 7 euro!

Joking apart you are right a very secure/convenient place to leave the van while ambling around the city, I even managed to get on the Internet sat on the steps of the Hotel De Ville in the plaza.

I have stayed overnight on the entrance to the port, when booked on the early ferry, no problems.

According to recently-added information on the campingcar-infos website, details of the Le Havre aire de services are as follows:

Address:

Chaussée John Kennedy

Parking des ferries

76600 LE HAVRE

Latitude : (Nord) 49.48493° Décimaux ou 49° 29' 5''

Longitude : (Est) 0.10657° Décimaux ou 0° 6' 23''

2013 tarifs:

Parking (per 24 hours) - 6€

Services - 5€ (10 minutes of water-provision OR 55 minutes of mains electricity)

Payment by credit card

Other information:

26 emplacements

Parking - 48 hours maximum

Open all year

• 2 weeks later...

Archived