Privacy room for MH

Sarah01

Hi guys

I wondered if you guys had any thoughts on privacy rooms, for motorhomes eg whats the best one and weather you can pitch it up and drive off with them still standing at the pitch? We have a burstner with fiaamma awning.

Thanks!

Guest 1footinthegrave
There are always plenty of second hand ones for sale, I think that speaks volumes,and I have personally never seen anyone using one, and I guess how much use it would get depends on the " whether" :-S (!)

We have one that attaches to the Fiammi awing (zip version)

1, No you can't leave it and drive away

2 We have had it for 6 years, and only used it about 3 times, so not really worth the £500 it cost.

Unless you have a small van and maybe dogs, I would not bother to waste money and get one.If you stay put, and don't move van, then maybe OK

It does not take long to put up, so that's not the problem. We find the awning is all that is needed

Think long and hard, as to why you want/need one, before spending money

That,s my opnion, any way

PJay

Guest 1footinthegrave
We along with many others rarely use our roll out awning, either the wind gets up and you need to roll it in, it pisses down and ditto, or even as a sun shade it rarely gives shade directly underneath, if I was going to use anything it would be a cheapo standalone gazebo, but as we rarely stay in one place very long even that would never see the light of day. :-S

We purchased windblockers last year, found them useful for keeping out the wind.

Purchased another MH this year, which came with a Fiamma Privacy room. Tried it out, thought it to heavy and difficult to erect, so thought we would sell it, but having no photos erected it a second time, this seemed so much easier so we used it again, now we nearly always erect it if on site for 3 or more days. It takes no longer than a caravan awning to put up, it is much warmer inside than the windblockers, and gives a lot more privacy. We still occasionally use the Windblockers, but generally prefer the privacy room..... It just takes a few times to get the knack of putting it up.

Guest 1footinthegrave

"It just takes a few times to get the knack of putting it up" . ;-)

damn it, my missus say's I still can't get the hang of it. :D

Fiamma zip room supplied with our second hand Elddis,difficult to put up is kind!!!! way of describing it .Another product invented by someone who never been in M H .We take a pair of steps and pliers to help assemble .Fine until the wind gets up then it flaps around even when fixed down all round ,unlike a tent there are no guy ropes to keep the sides taught.

Not worth having unless likely to be on site for more two/ three days ,latest use it was up for nearly two weeks then a gale came along we were getting it down at 10.30pm.Dont bother!!!!!!

Archived