Aire near St Tropez

whisturx

Ferry tomorrow and heading down to Provence to meet family near St Tropez. Would welcome any recommendations of aires which I know are thin on the ground down there. Must admit if its hot I will probably head for a camp site as nothing worse than being bunched together in a hot van !

I have got ACSI but the relations don't and I was surprised that in that area , ACSI is exactly half the site fees !

Any camp site recommendations welcome !

Aire at Port Grimaud, not a quiet one though on the main road normally space available, would only use for one night myself.

ACSI site Camping Prairie de La Mer, stopped here in June very large and busy site but quiet at night. Good facilities, bar and resturant on beach with good views across St Tropez bay and a half hourly boat taxi to St. Tropez from Port Grimaud a short walk along the beach, many other facilities if required none of which encroach on the camping site i.e. no noise from them or revellers.

Bas

Guest JudgeMental
There is one near Ramatuelle thats if you dont mind staying on the equivalent of a palestinian refugee camp..... As thats what it looks like in july/august :-D

No ones seem to have mentioned this one.. its handy for the beach and a short cycle ride into the town we have used a couple of time recently and not to expensive I think it was 10€ without electricity and secure.

Chemin de la Moutte Quartier des Canebiers 83990 SAINT TROPEZ

43.264890° 6.672220°

Not a campsite but almost, with all the facilities all be it small.

Brian

BKen1 - 2013-08-28 7:19 PM

No ones seem to have mentioned this one.. its handy for the beach and a short cycle ride into the town we have used a couple of time recently and not to expensive I think it was 10€ without electricity and secure.

43.264890° 6.672220°

Brian

I think we stayed on that one a couple of years ago. Looked alright in the book and on CC infos but an arrival I stupidly paid for two nights and it was a nightmare.

The place was overun with feral children and families that all knew each other and were well dodgy. Some were going off to work somewhere each evening and they certainly didnt make us welcome.

We may have been unlucky but have a plan B. Ramatuille is ok and probably the best of a bad bunch.

BKen1 - 2013-08-28 7:19 PM

43.264890° 6.672220°

Brian

I think we stayed on that one a couple of years ago. Looked alright in the book and on CC infos but an arrival I stupidly paid for two nights and it was a nightmare.

The place was overun with feral children and families that all knew each other and were well dodgy. Some were going off to work somewhere each evening and they certainly didnt make us welcome.

We may have been unlucky but have a plan B. Ramatuille is ok and probably the best of a bad bunch.

You don't say what time of year you stayed there all be it 2 years ago Barry. If it was August then no matter where you stopped along that coast it would have be manick.

We stayed last year in June and it was busy but not full and NO kids . I should imagine September would be similar as the Kids should be back at school.

Never can guarantee peace and quite so I would give it a try whisturx

Picture enclosed

1259391501_AireStTropez.jpg.32b8105b87bec81aea0c9a1fb74c531e.jpg

Archived