Site with sea view north west

ips

Mrs ips wants a site with a sea view and within walking distance of the sea front / beach anywere north of Lancaster up to Barrow in Furness would possibly consider the Scottish borders but not too far round. Can be CL CS or private preferably not a huge static site but wont count it out.

Thanks in advance

...I've stayed at a THS on their rally field.

We didn't have too much trouble filling a three-nighter when we were there (the last

Royal Wedding coincided, and we wanted to get well away from that), but we do cycle and walk.

TBH, the setting is quite pleasant, with access to the beach, but (though the rally field is separate) I'd rather be there (if I were paying site rather than THS prices) when there wasn't a rally on.

Edit: Typo

Thanks for that info this is defo at the top of our list then as less than an hour away and prob about 20mins from were mini ips is currently working so could visit.

Are the sea views as good as they say ?

....I think that would very much depend on where you (are allowed to) pitch. If you look on Google maps you will see that the more established (hard-standing) pitches actually have no sea-view at all (but are sheltered). The immediately adjacent fields have (I think) a much better view.

The attached pictures may give an idea. The "mass" in the background is a THS on the rally field, and this was the extremely busy extended Royal Wedding weekend.

gibfarm1.jpg.ceff261c34a9cf9bf627fc2c035ff930.jpg

gibfarm2.jpg.44bbb96e6c1640104e858eec0e8352b4.jpg

gibfarm3.jpg.a3169042fae9358d6d9e89274c1e6e37.jpg

We just came back from a few days at ravenglass, ccc site. Nice site 2 mins walk from beach,excellent narrow gauge railway as well as main line a few minutes walk away. Village has one super pub/ restaurant plus 2 hotels with bars. Good stately home 10 mins walk away. Definitely worth a look

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
ips - 2013-08-30 4:14 PM

UPDATE

Gib site booked, only 20 mins form were mini ips is currently working / living so that's handy.

Thanks for all the replies have book marked some of the other suggestions for future trips.

what a great site.

Lovely sea views spotless modern shower block, nice walls along the coast nice village good looking pubs mini supermarket and a butchers and Indian take away which we will partake in sat evening. Mini ips came for her tea last night was 30 min drive from her work/home

nothing to dislike about the site or area.

But the warden mowing all day is getting on my nerves now. Lol

Cheers robin

don't know how we haven't found it years ago. We love it.

Looking forward to another walk tomorrow and me Indian. Lol.

Off to see mini ips on Sunday she just got a 10 month old German sheperd which we haven't met yet, its ruddy massive so hope i am not lunch. Lol

Archived