FIAT DUCATO RADIATOR CHANGE

7704PZ

Hi Forum

After excellent success with my last post, I thought I would try again on a new subject.

My 2004 Fiat Ducato has burst its radiator and i have purchased a new one to replace it.

It looks rather conjested around the radiator site. Has anyone got any tips to make the replacement process any easier ?

Get a Haynes manual. Or failing that have a good look around on the web. They generally come out of the top, and fit on a couple of rubber spigots on the front cross member. It could be a lot more complicated if you've got air con' though, because of the condenser.

I had a Radiator change done by a local guy in Portugal, on my Hymer, [Fiat], we had to take the  air  Filter housing off and a few other bits but it was  fairly straightforward ,just remove any parts that obstruct the job, it was done in the street where we were wild camped at Fuseta , we had an audience of about 10 , all Nationalities all giving advice, great fun and a good excuse for a few bevies, total cost was 250 Euros including the Radiator, antifreeze and labour , bargain, the same Radiator fits left or right hand drive vehicles.

Very easy job, just drain and disconnect top and bottom hoses, wiring and removetop bar, then rad just pulls up and out from rubber grommets in the bottom radiator support bar. remove all fan 'furniture' and replace onto new rad as well as the two fan switches then replace in the opposite manner to removal. Fill very slowly to allow air to vent, release air from air bleeds on engine and ensure no air locks.

Bas

Thanks for your help.

The Rad would not draw upwards due to the main relay/fuse box on the right and the power steering reservoir to the left being mounted on the front panel .

I managed to remove the fans and then the rad slid downwards and out on an angle from below the bumper.

New one refitted in the reverse from below and all is well.

thanks to all

Archived