Thetford Fridge problem

Mickydripin

Hi all can anyone help,

I still have my fridge problem that it will not work on 240v and under warranty.

I have been trying to contact Thetford I have googled them I have emailed them and I have rung them and nothing.

I have been trying to contact them for when I get home or on my way from France in a couple of weeks I am going via Caen to Portsmouth.

What the hell is wrong with them they are like that add on TV a while ago with the phone ringing in that empty office I think it was the Heineken add.

Please don't tell me to contact anyone in France as they are bloody useless I have tried.

It is working on gas at the moment so hope it will last.

Mike

.....I wonder what telephone number you are using?

Thetford have relocated in the last 18 months or so, and therefore any number on printed documentation might be wrong.

The current contact is listed as:

Unit 6, Brookfields Way

Manvers, Rotherham

S635DL, England

T +44(0)844 997 1960

(There is an indication on the web that the conventional number 01709 766750 may also work)

Mickydripin - 2013-08-29 10:12 AM

Hi all can anyone help,

I still have my fridge problem that it will not work on 240v and under warranty.

I have been trying to contact Thetford I have googled them I have emailed them and I have rung them and nothing.

I have been trying to contact them for when I get home or on my way from France in a couple of weeks I am going via Caen to Portsmouth.

What the hell is wrong with them they are like that add on TV a while ago with the phone ringing in that empty office I think it was the Heineken add.

Please don't tell me to contact anyone in France as they are bloody useless I have tried.

It is working on gas at the moment so hope it will last.

Mike

I am making a bit of an assumption here but if the fridge is still under warrenty would think the whole m/h still is. If this is the case the m/h dealer needs to sort this out not you.

I am making a bit of an assumption here but if the fridge is still under warrenty would think the whole m/h still is. If this is the case the m/h dealer needs to sort this out not you.

----------------------------------------

Thanks Rupert but the dealer that I purchased it from would be the last person that I would go to.

----------------------

Robinhood,

Thanks for that I was using the numbers on the instruction manual but as I have had no need to contact them I did not know they had moved.

Do you by any chance have there email address.

Mike.

Mickydripin - 2013-08-29 10:55 AM

Robinhood,

Thanks for that I was using the numbers on the instruction manual but as I have had no need to contact them I did not know they had moved.

Mike.

Their website doesn't show a contact eMail address.

There is, however, a contact form at:

http://www.thetford-europe.com/en/contact.aspx

....which might be a route to use.

Thanks Rupert but the dealer that I purchased it from would be the last person that I would go to.

----------------------

Robinhood,

Mike.

While appreciating that the dealer may not have given the service you expected nevertheless it is through him that any warranty work will be done, not direct with Thetford. After all Thetford did not actually fit the fridge. Possibly better to hold the peace, contact the dealer and explain the problem. If he will not sort out a warranty claim then you are entitled to then contact the MH maker. Thetford will fix the problem, if it is a fault with their product which is something you do not actually know, but they are at the end of the chain of command. That is the way it works.

Dave225 - 2013-08-29 8:14 PM

----------------------

Robinhood,

Mike.

While appreciating that the dealer may not have given the service you expected nevertheless it is through him that any warranty work will be done, not direct with Thetford. After all Thetford did not actually fit the fridge. Possibly better to hold the peace, contact the dealer and explain the problem. If he will not sort out a warranty claim then you are entitled to then contact the MH maker. Thetford will fix the problem, if it is a fault with their product which is something you do not actually know, but they are at the end of the chain of command. That is the way it works.

You'll need to familiarise yourself (use the forum Search facility) with the long-drawn-out saga relating to Mike's current motorhome and its predecessor to appreciate why he won't (perhaps "can't") take this matter up with the dealership that provided the vehicle.

Mike has owned his present motorhome for less than 3 years. The motorhome has a 2-year manufacturer's warranty that has now expired. However, a Thetford fridge has its own 3-year warranty period. In principle, then, it may be possible to have the fridge problem rectified under the terms and conditions of the Thetford warranty.

I don't think there's a cat-in-Hell's chance of the dealership that supplied Mike's motorhome involving themselves with the fridge problem, which means that he'll need to explore (very judiciously) whether Thetford will address it within the Thetford warranty's terms and conditions.

Thanks for that Derik,

I could not have explained it any better and yes it may be a long drawn out procedure getting it repaired but as you know I am always up for a challenge.

But Why should it be Like this when you have paid tens of thousands of pounds for something.

Customer service in the motorhome industry is a dirty word for a lot of dealers thank god that there are a few (and a very small few) dealers out there that know what the word means.

Mike

Archived