Users of A Mount Lenses need not worry.

Guest Had Enough

Guest Had Enough

I spotted this in the 'Black and Whites' which is what we call 'magazines' in our trade. And it has been confirmed by our in-house techies who agree that present users have no need to worry:

Sony has said: The launch of the A3000 camera with the new E mount will not spell the end of the A mount.

Billed as an ‘entry-level' interchangeable-lens camera, the 20.1-million-pixel A3000 boasts ‘the picture quality, manual controls and artistic possibilities of a DSLR in an easy-to-use camera with interchangeable lenses'.

Housing the same APS-C-size HD CMOS imaging sensor as that featured in the Sony A58, the A3000 includes a 201,600-dot resolution electronic viewfinder and a 3in (230,000-dot) LCD screen.

In a statement, the firm claimed that the A3000 is ‘easy to hold with comfortable body and new grip'.

Though designed to work with E-mount lenses, Sony UK's head of digital imaging, Frederik Lange, stressed that the A3000 launch does not signal the end of A-mount cameras.

‘There will always be a market for A-mount,' .

There seems to be a tradition on this forum of posting long complex threads that are of no interest to anyone and seem designed merely to remind people of what we do for a living and hopefully drum up a bit of business, so I thought 'What the hell' why shouldn't I have a go.

Tomorrow I shall report on the rumoured developments to be announced at this year's Photokina in Cologne and after our vast number of back-room techies have verified them I shall be here again to enthrall you. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2013-08-29 5:33 PM

So they say ;-)....................but I suspect they're just a flash in the pan :D

Actually quite handy to know, especially if people are drawn towards what might appear to be a good deal on these entry level cameras only to find that they are not as versatile as first thought.

Is the range of lenses with the 'new' design 'E' mount comparable with the standard A mount?

I can see further problems when these are sold on as 2nd hand as no doubt some unscrupulous sellers may not pass on the information regarding lens mounts lest it prejudices the sale.

Given the way HE treats other people there is no way on this Earth that I would ever buy anything from his outfit.

But thanks for giving us all the chance to avoid you as it is the most, nay the ONLY, considerate thing you have ever done on this forum - even if it was motivated by self interest.

Oh yes - better bung in a smiley or two or some might think I'm winding him up (lol)(lol)

Guest Had Enough
peter - 2013-08-29 9:12 PM

Silly Boy. :D

I Know, I'm very naughty! Can you explain to your old mate Tracker what irony is? (lol)

Had Enough - 2013-08-29 10:13 PM

I Know, I'm very naughty! Can you explain to your old mate Tracker what irony is? (lol)

No need - he fully understands the word - but thanks for the second kind thought on the same day - wow - impressive or what?

Guest Had Enough
donna miller - 2013-08-29 7:10 PM

Is the range of lenses with the 'new' design 'E' mount comparable with the standard A mount?

Haven't a clue. I'm sales, not problems. ;-) I'll have to ask one of our many techies tomorrow. Perhaps there may be another article in one of the 'black and whites'? ;-)

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-08-29 10:15 PM

Had Enough - 2013-08-29 10:13 PM

No need - he fully understands the word - but thanks for the second kind thought on the same day - wow - impressive or what?

Mmm, you may claim to know what it is but you seem incapable of recognising it. ;-) We'll now wait for the standard 'I was only winding you up'. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-08-29 9:53 PM

Given the way HE treats other people there is no way on this Earth that I would ever buy anything from his outfit.

You never would anyway. Our business is aimed at the top end of the market! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Had Enough - 2013-08-29 10:16 PM

donna miller - 2013-08-29 7:10 PM

Haven't a clue. I'm sales, not problems. ;-) I'll have to ask one of our many techies tomorrow. Perhaps there may be another article in one of the 'black and whites'? ;-)

Why would you need to ask a techie? I asked if the range of one type was comparable with the range of the other, I did not ask if it was compatible.Surely as a salesman you would have known what range of lenses was available for a particular make or model.

Or did you just assume that I didn't know what I meant myself?

Had Enough - 2013-08-29 5:33 PM

I spotted this in the 'Black and Whites' which is what we call 'magazines' in our trade. And it has been confirmed by our in-house techies who agree that present users have no need to worry:

Sony has said: The launch of the A3000 camera with the new E mount will not spell the end of the A mount.

Billed as an ‘entry-level' interchangeable-lens camera, the 20.1-million-pixel A3000 boasts ‘the picture quality, manual controls and artistic possibilities of a DSLR in an easy-to-use camera with interchangeable lenses'.

Housing the same APS-C-size HD CMOS imaging sensor as that featured in the Sony A58, the A3000 includes a 201,600-dot resolution electronic viewfinder and a 3in (230,000-dot) LCD screen.

In a statement, the firm claimed that the A3000 is ‘easy to hold with comfortable body and new grip'.

Though designed to work with E-mount lenses, Sony UK's head of digital imaging, Frederik Lange, stressed that the A3000 launch does not signal the end of A-mount cameras.

There seems to be a tradition on this forum of posting long complex threads that are of no interest to anyone and seem designed merely to remind people of what we do for a living and hopefully drum up a bit of business, so I thought 'What the hell' why shouldn't I have a go.

Tomorrow I shall report on the rumoured developments to be announced at this year's Photokina in Cologne and after our vast number of back-room techies have verified them I shall be here again to enthrall you. ;-)

I knew that.

Guest pelmetman
Syd - 2013-08-29 10:37 PM

You never would anyway. Our business is aimed at the top end of the market! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Selling entry level models !!! (lol) (lol) (lol)

I suspect the bottom end of the market is above Frank ;-)................he probably has staff to deal with that end :D

Oh dear !

Frank trying to be clever - an oxymoron if ever there was one! (lol)

At my regular breakfast meeting we had a presentation from an ex Royal Navy photographer - who made us all laugh when he showed us all a picture of a house fire in the US and loads of guys with all sorts of equipment hanging of their necks and whilst they faffed about with shutter spead and f numbers - the guy with the camera in his mobile phone caught the million dollar shot.

He also titilated us by suggesting he would show us some "bums" and "tits" that photography is all about. When he showed a tramp and said "well there is a bum" I just laughed - but when he showed a picture of sone third rate politician who we all sort of remembered for some past cock up - I have to say - I thought of you Frank.

So PLEASE LISTEN FRANK

Stop being a baby right now and grow up and be a man and accept that other people have differing views to you.

I do not intend to stop posting relevant articles from the pinks and if you want to post from what you call the black an whites then you do so - just post the link so we can check out you are not the total 'ijiot' most of us think you are.

If you want to try to copy it then fine - I am used to flattery - join the queue to learn.

You have enormous scope in this area.

:-S

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-08-31 12:15 AM

Oh dear !

Frank trying to be clever - an oxymoron if ever there was one! (lol)

At my regular breakfast meeting we had a presentation from an ex Royal Navy photographer - who made us all laugh when he showed us all a picture of a house fire in the US and loads of guys with all sorts of equipment hanging of their necks and whilst they faffed about with shutter spead and f numbers - the guy with the camera in his mobile phone caught the million dollar shot.

He also titilated us by suggesting he would show us some "bums" and "tits" that photography is all about. When he showed a tramp and said "well there is a bum" I just laughed - but when he showed a picture of sone third rate politician who we all sort of remembered for some past cock up - I have to say - I thought of you Frank.

So PLEASE LISTEN FRANK

Stop being a baby right now and grow up and be a man and accept that other people have differing views to you.

I do not intend to stop posting relevant articles from the pinks and if you want to post from what you call the black an whites then you do so - just post the link so we can check out you are not the total 'ijiot' most of us think you are.

If you want to try to copy it then fine - I am used to flattery - join the queue to learn.

You have enormous scope in this area.

:-S

Ah, the important breakfast meeting! I wish I could go to some of those! Do you let your techies attend them or are they doomed forever to the back office where they do vital research which enables you to know more about the economy than the governor of the Bank Of England?

When I was in the Round Table movement (only unimportant evening meetings I'm afraid) financial advisors and bank managers had their joining fees paid by by their employer so that they could network and tout for business. Now that membership of such organisations is greatly reduced I suppose that forums are as good a method as anything of reminding people what you do! ;-)

I shall post my next bit of exciting news soon when I get next week's copy of the 'monochromes' which is what we call magazines in the trade. (lol)

If I post enough of these exciting technical articles hopefully people will realise how clever and important I am! ;-)

Had Enough - 2013-08-31 7:40 AM

If I post enough of these exciting technical articles hopefully people will realise how clever and important I am! ;-)

Yes, obviously too important to answer a genuine enquiry, however too arrogant to apologise when you realised you were not clever enough to understand the meaning of it.

You really are the stupidest person on the forum and your grasp of the English language is COMPARABLE to that of a moron, therefore you are not COMPATIBLE with the nice people on here.

Oh Sorry, I was beginning to sound like an arrogant pompous prat who likes to jump down the throat of other people when they make the tiniest of errors, and who believes that the rest of the members of Chatterbox are beneath them. (Remind you of anyone?) *-)

Guest Had Enough
donna miller - 2013-08-31 9:12 AM

Had Enough - 2013-08-31 7:40 AM

Yes, obviously too important to answer a genuine enquiry, however too arrogant to apologise when you realised you were not clever enough to understand the meaning of it.

You really are the stupidest person on the forum and your grasp of the English language is COMPARABLE to that of a moron, therefore you are not COMPATIBLE with the nice people on here.

Oh Sorry, I was beginning to sound like an arrogant pompous prat who likes to jump down the throat of other people when they make the tiniest of errors, and who believes that the rest of the members of Chatterbox are beneath them. (Remind you of anyone?) *-)

And you're so thick that you've not even understood the irony and purpose of the post! (lol) (lol)

Errr could that be that the "irony" exists in your own mind Frank?

And to others what you post is puerile ad hom nonsense?

Calling other people "thick" because they do not understand what you in your own tiny mind see as "sophisticated wit" is hardly the actions of a normal person. No doubt "I just don't get it do I"

I therefore gather that your holiday did little to improve your mental state.

I am sorry for you.

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-08-31 9:38 AM

Errr could that be that the "irony" exists in your own mind Frank?

And to others what you post is puerile ad hom nonsense?

Calling other people "thick" because they do not understand what you in your own tiny mind see as "sophisticated wit" is hardly the actions of a normal person. No doubt "I just don't get it do I"

I therefore gather that your holiday did little to improve your mental state.

I am sorry for you.

Thank you Clive, I appreciate your sympathy! It was terrible of me to call Donna Miller thick, after all she only said this about me in the post to which I was responding:

'You really are the stupidest person on the forum and your grasp of the English language is COMPARABLE to that of a moron, therefore you are not COMPATIBLE with the nice people on here. '

Did you miss that or is it OK for others to be rude but not me? If so I feel rather sorry for your powers of reasoning! ;-) Perhaps your mental state is a bit skewed? (lol)

Perhaps when you left the forum for a few weeks to get your head together you should have taken a bit longer? ;-)

Ah but when I did take leave of the forum - I put the time to good use and found out exactly who and what you are.

Sadly you havn't changed.

Despite the various pseudonyms you hide behind.

I am genuinely sorry for you.

Archived