X Hose

chas

Award yourself double brownie points.

I've just phoned a friend re the X hose, his expanded quickly and amongst where there was a rose bush, it got hooked and the inner tubing popped out like a bicycle inner tube. He also says when it shrinks to its starting size it methodically gathers all the driveway gunge into the outside crinkly folds, he then has to wash the whole unit to remove the gunge.

Nuff said

Mrs T - 2013-09-04 6:56 PM

Award yourself double brownie points.

I've just phoned a friend re the X hose, his expanded quickly and amongst where there was a rose bush, it got hooked and the inner tubing popped out like a bicycle inner tube. He also says when it shrinks to its starting size it methodically gathers all the driveway gunge into the outside crinkly folds, he then has to wash the whole unit to remove the gunge.

Nuff said

Oh what a a wonderbloodyful invention that has proved to be - come back common or garden burstproof, easy to use, easy to empty and clean, easy to store, hose - which is I think - where it all began!!

Progres eh! Doncha just love it!!

Duh!!

Coiled expanding hose arrived in time for this trip (now in Devon) and used it to fill yesterday. Really pleased, stretches to about 4 times coiled length and almost packes itself away when finished.

Still have flat hose with extender fittings if required but see the slinky being used in most scenarios.

Well worth a tenner including delivery.

............except that..........last night and this morning our tea had a 'chemical' taste (immediately detected by my wife to my absolute horror). So, back to the food grade hose which I did remember to bring........

Wen I was looking for this type of hose, ok could not find and food grade rated coiled hoses. Surprised, tho, that first fill would cause such a distinct taste in the water.

Oh we'll, we can only try......

Mrs T - 2013-09-04 3:47 PM

David,

You actually 'invested' in a length of hosepipe ! ... 'Invested' ... What planet do you live on. What you really mean is that you gambled on someones manufacture of a length of hose assuming it has some magical charm that will make the water taste or flow from A to B more fluidly. Do know where it was made in the world perhaps that's the more important question here?

Its no wonder that the modern way of life causes depression amongst some when they fail to understand the common workings of a length of hose !!

Thank you so much for pointing out what I really meant.

It is reassuring to know there are still people out there who are concerned enough about their fellow motorhomers to offer advice and guidance even to those from other planets.

David

Archived