Decor stripe

fogi45

Decor stripe  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Afternoon everyone.

I have a Mclouis Tandy 672 2008 . And due to a tornado hitting us ( live in France) a couple of weeks ago. The camper received some damage to the body work. This i have now repaired. But I need tp replace some of the Blue decor stripe and cannot find anyone who sells it. I have tried to contact Mclouis (Italy ) via email and have had no response. Does anyone know somewhere you can buy it or someone who I can contact.

Many thanks.

You'll really need to go to a McLouis dealership, and see if they can still get the matching decal.

You may be able to find someone who does decals for commercial vehicles, but you will find there is a bewildering range of colours available, so getting the right product/colour won't be that straightforward. Quite a lot of those used are produced by Avery Graphics, but you'll probably need a large stockist with swatches of the various colours to be sure of a match (the originals will, in any case have faded since 2008).

Whatever you do, don't try to identify it from your computer screen, few screens are accurately set, but in any case backlit presentations vary greatly from what you see with reflected light. Also, the colour may appear different if viewed when presented horizontally or vertically, so you'll need to take the van to them.

If all else fails, what some have done is to find a car paint shop where they mix colours by eye, and get them to mask off the target area and then spray the "decal" in. With the right person doing the spraying the result can be neat perfect.

Brian is quite correct in what he says.  Age, fading etc will all play a part in making a colour match extremely difficult, if not impossible, in vinyl.  The industry standard for colours is Pantone and there are literally thousands of colours.  I print, using an industrial printer, decals, art canvases etc hence I can confirm Brians comments.

I can add though that if you go to a reputable 'spray shop' they will have a 'colour meter' that will read the current colour and give them the code to mix and match the existing colour.  However as your originals might (probably) have lost some of their sheen the 'new' decal/paint job will most likely look much newer regardless.

Sometimes if the decal is a big(ish) one and the difference is too much to live with it is preferable to replace the whole lot.

Archived