Traffic Congestion on the M1

nowtelse2do

On Saturday I came up from the Eurotunnel and joined the M1 from the M25. The motorway sign's were saying 60mph over all the 4 lanes (the hard shoulder is now a lane) because of traffic congestion. This continued right up to Milton Keynes with hardly any traffic at all on it and with radar on nearly every overhead gantry about half a mile apart. I know it's bad during the rush hours but this was ridiculous.

Dave

You have to realise that those gantries with all their 'bling' and the staff needed to work at 'sleeping' instead of actually watching the cameras keeping the information signs up to date all cost an awful lot of money......(oh yes that will be our money won't it so wasting it is OK).  Hence the almost always seemingly pointless/irrelevant restrictions/warnings on motorway warning signs intended to confuse and frustrate motorists into ignoring the notices thereby triggering the '££££ revenue cameras'..............simple really innit   :-)

The one I liked the best was a motorway warning saying 'FOG SLOW DOWN'.  I had to slow down to read it because the sun was so strong making reading the sign somewhat difficult.  Numpties.

Apparently there are more accidents caused by potholes than occur on motorways so maybe the 'authorities' need to sort out their priorities..............but then again potholes don't generate revenue like 'safety' (haha) cameras do.

Hi,

I must agree about the M1, we traveled up on Friday and the overhead signs were all over the place 60, 40, 60 and it was reasonably free running. But the signs were stating congestion, however the hard shoulder that had been converted to be open when there was congestion was closed which makes sense ??.

Archived