Underpants when touring

Brock

How many pairs do the gentlemen take with them when on tour?

I've been working away during the week for the last three years. The missus insisted on doing the laundry so I had a week's worth of clean pants, a week's worth of pants in the laundry, and some spares and old favourites just in case. Now I'm back home, and effectively retired, the missus wants me to throw out spares and the old faithfuls to reduce the number of pairs.

I have the same problem with shirts and socks but I can easily ditch most of those I used for work. Also, if need be, I can do two days in a shirt or pair of socks.

So what is the right number of pants to take when we go away for more than three weeks+?

There is no answer to this one, really.

If you wash clothes regularly then you can carry less clothes. Pants can always be washed in the van and dried fairly easily.

I'm guessing that 10 pairs would be more than enough if you are planning to do washing but if your trip is, say for a couple of weeks and you are not planning to wash stuff, then a pair a day does for me.

What else can you say.

Mr T only takes one spare of everything and washes them in the shower as he goes, a couple of years ago he went to Australia for 3 months on two separate occasions and that was the same. One change of everything so simple and no cost when passing through airports. He cycled hundreds of miles plus busses and taxis, all with a simple small bag.

ALL HAND BAGGAGE = no hassle no waiting no problem !

PS. He buys all his clothes which are mostly of man-made fibres and never need the iron on them. I thought campers were beings of little and often ?

Mrs T - 2013-09-02 1:36 PM

Mr T only takes one spare of everything and washes them in the shower as he goes, a couple of years ago he went to Australia for 3 months on two separate occasions and that was the same. One change of everything so simple and no cost when passing through airports. He cycled hundreds of miles plus busses and taxis, all with a simple small bag.

ALL HAND BAGGAGE = no hassle no waiting no problem....

No friends, no fashion sense................. B-)

Just the two,one on and one drying. Wash the dirty pair in the shower, and use them as my flannel,so I don't need one of those on our travels

Sandals from May to October(unless wearing the walking boots) so don't need many pairs of socks

HWO

Archived