Motorhome Polish

Colin Leake

Want a nice shine on you motorhome? Why not try Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock from the Swissvax range of polishes? 76% by volume of pure Brazilian Ivory carnauba wax for only $1499.00 a pot a bargain even though you may well need two pots for a motorhome.

Gives good weather protection and an awfully nice shine.

I almost forgot you'll some of their special cleaner fluid to pretreat the surface or the wax will not adhere to the surface properly. Only $59.00 a bottle though you may need quite a few for a motorhome.

Colin Leake - 2013-09-02 10:45 PM

Want a nice shine on you motorhome? Why not try Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock from the Swissvax range of polishes? 76% by volume of pure Brazilian Ivory carnauba wax for only $1499.00 a pot a bargain even though you may well need two pots for a motorhome.

Gives good weather protection and an awfully nice shine.

I almost forgot you'll some of their special cleaner fluid to pretreat the surface or the wax will not adhere to the surface properly. Only $59.00 a bottle though you may need quite a few for a motorhome.

Hi Colin,

I don't use this on my motorhome but i do have swissvax detail my cars and I do use crystal rock on my cars, its fantastic stuff. I know its expensive but well worth it.

I use autoglym hi def polish on the motorhome as its dirt cheap , but it doesn't last so I'm starting to think it is false economy (taking the labour cost into account too!!)

I wish there was something that would stop / seal the sikaflex from going dirty and black as this really spoils a shiny motorhone!!

If someone could do that it would make them a very rich individual :-)

I think where most people go wrong with wax polishing their motorhome is they use the same wax all over the van. This is ok if you have a van conversion but for everyone else they will probably end up with a so so finish. This is because a motorhome is made from several different materials, each needing a different polish.I always thought some of the wax I use was expensive until I read this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Colin Leake - 2013-09-21 7:45 PM

Just to the record we use Starbright marine polish, the good stuf with PTFE, on the GRP part of our motorhome and good quality car polish on the painted parts.

This is roughly the same as I use except the brands . For GRP I use Meguiars Marine wax and Autosmart wax on painted surfaces. From experience this combination shines and protects longer than others

I use

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greased-Lightning-Showroom-Shine-1US-3-78Ltr-Gallon-Waterless-Car-Wax-Polish-/120991460018?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item1c2ba72ab2

Use an old spray bottle and just top it up when it's empty. lovely shine on all surfaces.

Tried all sorts before. Great stuff and 'easy peasy' to apply, no rubbing at all. Ray

Archived