hello !

ianjo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ian&jo - 2013-09-05 9:13 PM

Hi everyone ,back to motorhoming after 5 years away. Just ordered a Bolero 724 after alot of research and driving around the country. We are so excited to be back,hopefully bump into you on our travels. :-D

Hello Ian and Jo , the good people of MM are obviously able to view your post but unable to say welcome .

JudgeMental - 2013-09-06 8:31 AM

Hang on! I just got up! HELLO!! :-D

Not having a go at you Mr Mental but I find it odd , ignorant , maybe a bit of stuck up your own backside kind of thing that this post has had over 70 views from a new member introducing themselves and only 2 or 3 out of those 70 can say hello .

For all Chatterbox has racists , homophobes and bigots we always make folk welcome as long as they are white English and hetrosexual .

Guest JudgeMental
antony1969 - 2013-09-06 9:14 AM

Not having a go at you Mr Mental but I find it odd , ignorant , maybe a bit of stuck up your own backside kind of thing that this post has had over 70 views from a new member introducing themselves and only 2 or 3 out of those 70 can say hello .

For all Chatterbox has racists , homophobes and bigots we always make folk welcome as long as they are white English and hetrosexual .

Indeed.. Most best kept under lock and key, how you escaped rather astonishing.

Luckily for moi as I'm not an English mongrel but a pure breed Irish gentelman your welcome unnessery....

But I go along with your assessment about the number of views and lack of welcomes, but this forum consists of many miserable old gits

Who's doing all that shouting? Can't a guy get any sleep around here?

I was in the pub at 9.15pm, so how could I say hello?

Try and keep the noise down.

I'm off to get an Alka -Seltzer.

..... Oh, hello thingy.

Many people, myself included, look at Motorhome Matters periodically throughout the day to see if there are any problems that need solving. Greetings and welcomes are not on my list of priorities and i will tend to ignore them because that is what other parts of the forum are for. I have a job to do.

Why anyone would want to make an issue out of that, or introduce some sort of racial or gender debate into it is completely beyond me!

If you have a technical problem; feel free to air it and you will receive a warm welcome and lots of (mostly) useful advice.

If you just want to say Hi; go to Chatterbox and whatever happens there will happen. I don't know, I never go there.

Anyway; for what it's worth.... Welcome.

Nick

ian&jo - 2013-09-05 9:13 PM

Hi everyone ,back to motorhoming after 5 years away. Just ordered a Bolero 724 after alot of research and driving around the country. We are so excited to be back,hopefully bump into you on our travels. :-D

Welcome Ian and Jo.

Guest pelmetman

Hello Ian & Joe

Its September, the kids have gone back prime motorhoming time B-)................which is why its a bit quiet on here ;-) ................

I don't know how Antony escaped from Chatterbox :-S............we checked all the locks 8-).........Dam......forgot the loft hatch *-)...........

Mrs T - 2013-09-06 10:06 AM

And a Hi from all of us, why Mr Anthony has to comment in that manner is puzzling if not extremely rude to another poster. This not Chatterbox

What is rude MrsT is the fact over seventy people viewed a post by someone saying hello and introducing themselves , only two or three out of the seventy were decent enough to say hello back , is that not rude ?

euroserv - 2013-09-06 10:29 AM

Many people, myself included, look at Motorhome Matters periodically throughout the day to see if there are any problems that need solving. Greetings and welcomes are not on my list of priorities and i will tend to ignore them because that is what other parts of the forum are for. I have a job to do.

Why anyone would want to make an issue out of that, or introduce some sort of racial or gender debate into it is completely beyond me!

If you have a technical problem; feel free to air it and you will receive a warm welcome and lots of (mostly) useful advice.

If you just want to say Hi; go to Chatterbox and whatever happens there will happen. I don't know, I never go there.

Anyway; for what it's worth.... Welcome.

Nick

You miss the point Nick , seventy people had viewed the post and a pitifull three had returned the hello , if that's MM then I personally am glad you don't feel the need to go to Chatterbox .

The race / gender comment was in jest , sorry I will try to remember when I " periodically " look in and reply to insert a smiley for those drab folk who don't get it . Have a nice day now .

Without any disrespect to the OP it was, and is, the sort of post that reminds me of many letters published in the two big club magazines.

You know the type: I'm old, and I've had 48 motorhomes, and here's a picture of my 2 year old great grandson upside down in a bucket..

With such letters I'm always left with a sense of 'well so what'. And such, I'm afraid, was the feeling with the OP.

I am one of the 70 bad people who didn't feel the need to offer a disingenuous welcome to a perfect strangers random announcement.

As I say, no disrespect intended, but the opening post would perhaps be more at home on one of the social media sites.

Curious how so many people these days feel the need to publicly announce perfectly ordinary events.

Anyway, I'm off for me dinner now, think I'll have some salad wraps, or maybe some cheese on toast.

I'll call back later to let everyone know what I decided.

crinklystarfish - 2013-09-06 1:43 PM

Without any disrespect to the OP it was, and is, the sort of post that reminds me of many letters published in the two big club magazines.

You know the type: I'm old, and I've had 48 motorhomes, and here's a picture of my 2 year old great grandson upside down in a bucket..

With such letters I'm always left with a sense of 'well so what'. And such, I'm afraid, was the feeling with the OP.

I am one of the 70 bad people who didn't feel the need to offer a disingenuous welcome to a perfect strangers random announcement.

As I say, no disrespect intended, but the opening post would perhaps be more at home on one of the social media sites.

Curious how so many people these days feel the need to publicly announce perfectly ordinary events.

Anyway, I'm off for me dinner now, think I'll have some salad wraps, or maybe some cheese on toast.

With respect , I imagine that introducing yourself and saying hello as a new member is quite a decent , polite thing to do rather than jumping in headfirst throwing opinions around , each to thy own though , enjoy your lunch .

Ian&JO

Of course everyone welcomes you as would be expected but unfortunately some cannot write in a sensible manner and have to be abrasive if a comment doesn't suit them.

Chatterbox is the recognised site for rough wording not here.

Mrs T - 2013-09-06 4:50 PM

Ian&JO

Of course everyone welcomes you as would be expected but unfortunately some cannot write in a sensible manner and have to be abrasive if a comment doesn't suit them.

Chatterbox is the recognised site for rough wording not here.

That's right MrsT , Chatterbox is the recognised site for rough wording , it's the place I remember you found it suitable to make a point about David Frost the day after he died . Personally I thought even the depths of Chatterbox could have done without your view but each to their own .

crinklystarfish - 2013-09-06 1:43 PM

Crinkly your " curious how so many people these days feel the need to publicly announce perfectly ordinary events " line doesn't apply to your blog which you advertise on here about what some may class as very ordinary almost boring details on your motorhome then ?

I had fish this evening with a couple of glasses of wine , lovely .

Archived