hello !

ianjo

Bolly1965 - 2013-09-06 10:03 PM

Oh my here we go again

Welcome to the madhouse Ian & Jo (quick! escape as soon as you can! run as fast as your legs will carry you!! run like the wind!!!!!!)

I'm aslo an Antony without a H (and also from Yorkshire) like anyone cares.....

Well Antony without the H seems you like you defected over the hill to that other place , so your right nobody do care do em :-D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2013-09-06 9:05 PM

Crinkly your " curious how so many people these days feel the need to publicly announce perfectly ordinary events " line doesn't apply to your blog which you advertise on here about what some may class as very ordinary almost boring details on your motorhome then ?

I had fish this evening with a couple of glasses of wine , lovely .

Rather too much wine perhaps, I assume you incorrectly refer to the passive link to my website.

You are right though.

Thanks to your incisiveness, I can see now, on reflection, how motorhoming on several different continents and documenting going on 3,000 hrs of self-building and legalising a motorhome based on an unregistered AWD NATO truck chassis from scratch is a very ordinary thing to do, and must be incredibly tedious for the 35,000 or so visitors, or - for that matter - for anyone that reads an internet thread called 'Motorhome Matters'.

My site must be almost as ordinary and dull as the life of a chap who clearly has nothing better to do than to troll around on internet forums looking for any excuse to cause division, offence, and generally stir bad feeling. Imagine how sad that existence must be.

Thinking about it, I can't ever remember reading any genuinely unique or particularly useful motorhome based contribution from you and I confess that, along with others, I thought the epithetic 'Flattercocks' was the forum that housed - amongst scores of thoroughly decent people - that minority of trolls and bullies who just enjoyed gobbing on and causing offence from the safety of their keyboard.

What kind of fish?

Guest JudgeMental
crinklystarfish - 2013-09-06 8:04 PM

Salad wraps.

We had chicken fajitas all home made.....I would try and load a picky but all eaten up I'm afraid :-D

Memo: Really should eat more fish........

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2013-09-07 8:38 AM

crinklystarfish - 2013-09-06 8:04 PM

Salad wraps.

We had chicken fajitas all home made.....I would try and load a picky but all eaten up I'm afraid :-D

Memo: Really should eat more fish........

Just had Two free range eggs with smoke salmon on toast B-).........Mmm

crinklystarfish - 2013-09-07 8:25 AM

antony1969 - 2013-09-06 9:05 PM

Crinkly your " curious how so many people these days feel the need to publicly announce perfectly ordinary events " line doesn't apply to your blog which you advertise on here about what some may class as very ordinary almost boring details on your motorhome then ?

I had fish this evening with a couple of glasses of wine , lovely .

Rather too much wine perhaps, I assume you incorrectly refer to the passive link to my website.

You are right though.

Thanks to your incisiveness, I can see now, on reflection, how motorhoming on several different continents and documenting going on 3,000 hrs of self-building and legalising a motorhome based on an unregistered AWD NATO truck chassis from scratch is a very ordinary thing to do, and must be incredibly tedious for the 35,000 or so visitors, or - for that matter - for anyone that reads an internet thread called 'Motorhome Matters'.

My site must be almost as ordinary and dull as the life of a chap who clearly has nothing better to do than to troll around on internet forums looking for any excuse to cause division, offence, and generally stir bad feeling. Imagine how sad that existence must be.

Thinking about it, I can't ever remember reading any genuinely unique or particularly useful motorhome based contribution from you and I confess that, along with others, I thought the epithetic 'Flattercocks' was the forum that housed - amongst scores of thoroughly decent people - that minority of trolls and bullies who just enjoyed gobbing on and causing offence from the safety of their keyboard.

What kind of fish?

Yes Crinkly my life compared to yours is obviously rather dull and boring , I live in Huddersfield what do you expect ?

To liven things up and hopefully bring some inspiration to my drab existence I shall later attempt to read in full your blog type thing you advertise on here and I shall if still awake let you know what I think of it . I once read the Argos catalogue back to front for charity so I'm guessing the experience may be the same .

We had some fish , here in the pits its just fish from out of the water .

Mr 1969, please, I urge you, don't waste your valuable sitting-behind-a-screen time.

There would be nothing on my website that you would find interesting; it's for people who are into motorhomes. I am almost certain you will find re-reading the Argos catalogue a more rewarding experience.

I do now genuinely feel some sense of obligation to the OP whose inoffensive post was hijacked and used as a platform from which to pontificate. If you are still out there, do come back with any motorhome related stuff, many people on here are always prepared to help and it's an awesome knowledge base. You'll get a feel pretty quickly for those who contribute knowledge and those unfulfilled souls who just surf about looking for the most tenuous of reason to kick off.

I quite like the Huddersfield area, but I don't eat fish.

Guest JudgeMental

well I like crinkles web site...and have rejoined the german demountables club as thinking of going back to one (so is Pepe)

memo: must eat more white fish

crinklystarfish - 2013-09-07 12:00 PM

Mr 1969, please, I urge you, don't waste your valuable sitting-behind-a-screen time.

There would be nothing on my website that you would find interesting; it's for people who are into motorhomes. I am almost certain you will find re-reading the Argos catalogue a more rewarding experience.

I do now genuinely feel some sense of obligation to the OP whose inoffensive post was hijacked and used as a platform from which to pontificate. If you are still out there, do come back with any motorhome related stuff, many people on here are always prepared to help and it's an awesome knowledge base. You'll get a feel pretty quickly for those who contribute knowledge and those unfulfilled souls who just surf about looking for the most tenuous of reason to kick off.

I quite like the Huddersfield area, but I don't eat fish.

Yes its a shame my picking up on the ignorance of others and poor manners have hijacked the thread , so to the OP I say sorry . Like you say many people on here help others , its a shame that after having looked at a post from someone introducing themselves they can't offer a polite hello but what do I know .

Hopefully your site / blog that I shall plough through later will be as funny as your rebrand of the Chatterbox name though , can't wait and hopefully will pick up some good tips .

Bye for now and if you really do like the Huddersfield area it certainly does explain a lot to me . Laters x

Thanks very much kinda new to the internet and forums,but have full timed in motorhomes (and fifth wheelers) for 25yrs so picked up some knowledge along the way admittedly some bodges.have done a few self builds but mostly ripped out interior of scrap caravans for interior of panel van

Hi antony,many different base vehicles ranging from mercedes 307,308,right up to 7.5ton ford d series,last one a 6ton mercedes city bus,each one fitted to me and partners taste and sold on when we get bored,all bought for the 3000 pound region and fitted out with mostly scavenged parts.its amazing what people throw away! As for getting old i seem to have mellowed out as ive got older.currently livind in a fifth wheeler so sorry to all you motorhome diehards,but i have had a passion for motorhomes and travelling since i was a teenager

Hi,

I would be really interested to hear any thoughts you have on the use of fifth wheeler rigs.

Always had a yen to try one, but most of the ones on offer look to me like over large gin palaces,

I wonder if anyone has ever built a home build?

Guest pelmetman
capcloser - 2013-09-08 10:14 AM

Hi antony,many different base vehicles ranging from mercedes 307,308,right up to 7.5ton ford d series,last one a 6ton mercedes city bus,each one fitted to me and partners taste and sold on when we get bored,all bought for the 3000 pound region and fitted out with mostly scavenged parts.its amazing what people throw away! As for getting old i seem to have mellowed out as ive got older.currently livind in a fifth wheeler so sorry to all you motorhome diehards,but i have had a passion for motorhomes and travelling since i was a teenager

Antony's been traveling since he was a teenager too ;-)....................but in those days it was called being on the run 8-)

(lol) (lol)

Hi pkc well had the fifth wheeler 4yrs now and me an partner love it,gives us plenty of space and inside is quite luxurious,first home we have had that i havent built so a bit strange at first.was looking for a big american rv at the time but money was an issue.One point,if we go to a campsite for the first time i check for any narrow lanes/entrances on google maps,so far no probs,have been turned away once on phone by a woman who didnt understand what it was and hung up as i was explaining!

Hi judge,its a sun valley extremelight towed with a nissan navara,we go away whenever not at work and it all drives and tows really well,but its not like towing a caravan,no swaying about when a big lorry passes,we very much like our rig but i do miss the days when we just fired up a van and set off exploring

Guest JudgeMental
capcloser - 2013-09-09 3:12 PM

Hi judge,its a sun valley extremelight towed with a nissan navara,we go away whenever not at work and it all drives and tows really well,but its not like towing a caravan,no swaying about when a big lorry passes,we very much like our rig but i do miss the days when we just fired up a van and set off exploring

Ive had trucks and demountable campers in the pass and have been toying with the idea again but Mrs M does not want to know!!! Personally cant stand towing so wiith probably stick with panel vans, certainly to small to live in, but good enough for our use :-D

5th wheelers for those who dont know...

pelmetman - 2013-09-09 9:02 AM

capcloser - 2013-09-08 10:14 AM

Antony's been traveling since he was a teenager too ;-)....................but in those days it was called being on the run 8-)

(lol) (lol)

:-) :-)

Welcome Ian and Jo

You will notice that many threads on here descend very quickly to 'handbags at dawn' between the various warring parties. I have to say though there have been some quite amusing posts this time, well done lads.

If you get fed up with the bickering, I can recommend Motorhome Fun.......

Paul

Archived