sharing tunnel frequent traveller deal

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

As we dont travel to Europe as much I stopped buying the 5 return frequent traveller pack and just get show offers on ferries..Thing is I can't stand the ferries! So...now that eurotunnel have brought in the facility to share the 5 crossing deal, I was wondering if anyone on here wants to share for 2014. have booking for Spain in October already so for us around next easter would be our first crossing....happy with 2 or maybe 3 crossings dependent on your requirements...

I will bump this every now and again as in no rush....maybe if this works others could pair up, I realise that many use the tesco vouchers....Tunnel details below :-D

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/

Guest JudgeMental
Well come on then! That is me and Peter sorted...but I think this thread should aid introducing more members to each other with the idea of sharing this arrangement....may be worth stating if you want 2 or 3 crossings....

On the subject of sharing

I have membership to Brittany Ferry (France) travel Club

Would be happy to share, either as an additional member (cost £30 PA) gives you 30% discount

or as a "friend" using my no. (gives you 10% discount) no cost

Look up Brittany Ferry web site for details

Any one interested PM me

PJay

Edit Sorry for high-jacking your thread Judge, but for some of us living in the south, Portsmouth or Poole/Plymouth better option than the Tunnel

Guest JudgeMental
Your on the thread Arthur so on the list of like minded members :-D Syd has also joined..so once 2014 starts and next years plans start falling intro to place, We can pair everyone up whether you want 2 or 3 crossings..its like a dating agency except you never meet! :D

Good idea, Eddie . Just had a look at the link and all the blurb is about the savings.....what's the up front cost of the two packages advertised (std acct or flexiplus acct)?

We live in the south west and have been prepared to drive to Dover as the fares can be cheap, and we like the potter through France, but the tunnel may be another option.

Guest JudgeMental

Barrie, No you just do your own thing ..The person thats signs up has to put both names down at that time and both named have to be there when travelling (independently not at the same time!), you cant give trips to a third party..So say you and me got together (I already have an arrangement with Philip) We would decide who want 2 or 3 of the 5 trips, you or I would book the deal after receiving a cheque from your travel partner. then you're on your own and can book what you want when you want :-D

Chris its all on the website, are you having difficulty viewing it..I have copied the two choices below. I would only be interested in the cheaper standard account as most would be I suspect, I used it for years and it was fine...

so each car return costs £86 (£420) camper supplement (any size) is £11. So you want 2 of the 5, send me a cheque £172. then you're on you own once you get confirmation of your frequent traveller password.

When you want to travel you can book either online or by phone, pay the £11(per leg) supplement for camper so works out at £108 per crossing

taken from eurotunnel site: Our Frequent Traveller accounts

Frequent Traveller standard account

Travel for less

Only £43* per car each way

Save up to £250*

Single or NEW joint account available

No registration fee

No annual membership fee

Travel on non-peak dates and times

Peak supplements apply

Min purchase of 10 tickets

Open account

Frequent Traveller Flexiplus account

Do you want more flexibility?

Only £127* per car each way

Save up to £400*

Single or NEW joint account available

No registration fee

No annual membership fee

Travel any time of the day

No peak supplements

Min purchase of 10 tickets

Extra benefits

Flexible arrival and departure times

Priority boarding

Dedicated check-in lane

Exclusive lounge

EDIT: with the basic package I can get a crossing late afternoon or early evening. and returm before midday so this flexible enough... if you are always only wanting to go peak times maybe the more expensive package suits but it is expensive, and its going to be more difficult i suspect to find a partner..but like dating you never know!lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

Nice one Barrrie! glad you got sorted out...just got back from Spain and cream crackered :-D

come on dont be shy folks....And help one and other out :D

Guest JudgeMental

Endoven? is looking to go to Spain before christmas and looking to share some time soon.....anybody?

Domino is maybe looking for one return, so if you want 4......this is your chance

A bit pointless PM'ing me as you need to post your requirements on this thread, saying if you want 1,2,3 or 4, then contact someone who wants the opposite.......get it?:-D

I am now doing mine from march 2014 with young Syd, So Peter (2) probably looking for a partner who wants (3)....

Guest JudgeMental
derek500 - 2013-11-10 10:06 AM

Just bumping to top.

Anyone interested?

Bumping is considered naughty, but understandable :-D why don't you say how many trips yo want and what time of year you wish to start using, as if you want to go now and someone wants to go in 6 months it's not going to work..so need to identify members with similar requirements.....

Edit: turned up for my 11.30 Calais to Dover on Thursday to be told it was cancelled and next one 3 hrs later, which meant hitting London in rush hours...I was fuming especially when DFDS blatantly lie to your face with some BS excuse!... The boat was virtually empty....

The Boat was nearly empt (Thought it was train?

That,s why they cancelled the earlier one, and put two to-gether, and still nearly empty?? Saving costs, being a quick journey they can get away with it , I guess.

never had this on a Ferry, (though can happen in bad weather

PJay

Guest JudgeMental
PJay - 2013-11-10 11:51 AM

The Boat was nearly empt (Thought it was train?

That,s why they cancelled the earlier one, and put two to-gether, and still nearly empty?? Saving costs, being a quick journey they can get away with it , I guess.

never had this on a Ferry, (though can happen in bad weather

PJay

I was on the ferry this year as only needed 2 crossings..hence the idea of this scheme?

Oh it was all about saving costs! and not a fig for the customer..crossing was silky smooth. what got me was I could have easily mnade the 9.00am and asked why could you not text cutumers! more BS excuses followed...Tip: call on day and confirm crossing!:-S

but we digress! *-)

• 2 months later...
Guest JudgeMental

maybe time to think about this again for 2014. I have paired up with young Syd...

You can add as many journeys as you need, I need a single next month to drive new van back from Germany, so I can buy an extra crossing and it stil leaves 5 returns to share, or you can just add as many as you need....

(£43 per single crossing) motorhome supplement is now £11 per leg.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental
Young Syd does not know his travel plans for this year and wont for a while...I need to book by next week so anyone want to split with me? :-D

Guest JudgeMental

kelly 58 looking for a partner

Norm ditto but just wants one return

Derek500 dito

Just add yourself to list if still looking

I signed up yesterday with Billgaski, its pretty easy, you just need all the nominated persons details. including telephone numbers,address, full name. also need to the long credit card number ( not end date or security key!) this is for ID when at terminal. if you dont supply this you have to go into booking hall each time you travel

I paid £54 for a single back from France next Sunday (£43 + £11 camper supplement). The ferries were £80'ish and tunnel was £120 so a good deal....., silly not to sign up for it. 10 singles is the minimum, so if one wants 3 and the other 4, you just add more crossings £43+£11 (+£16 for dog,which i think scandalous)

anyway who wants to be on a boat in this weather! adios amigos! :-D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

I see there were no DFDS NEC show offer codes this year and with ferry carnets getting more expensive, sharing a Eurotunnel frequent traveller scheme making even more sense....just state how many you want and post here and we will try and match you up!

I've sighed up with Bill and booked a few of mine already and used one. It really is the fastest more efficient way of crossing......once you buy and split the basic 10 single crossings you can buy as many as you want at the same price.

Archived