sharing tunnel frequent traveller deal

Guest JudgeMental

We usually do at least 2 returns a year (Easter and summer holidays), sometimes more, so I'd be interested in sharing. We've already booked for Easter unfortunately, but we'll need at-least one more return this year.

Anyone want to play??

• 1 year later...

I've given up on using the Chunnel for the last two years because their price for towing a trailer behind a MH shot up, so ferries are 30% or more cheaper. Otherise I would prefer the Chunnel as a means of crossing.

I don't suppose this frequent traveller thingy makes trailers a lot cheaper - does anyone know?

A trailer costs the same as a caravan, an extra £43. A motorhome costs £54 per crossing unless it's peak times. So £97 for MH plus trailer. I don't know how that compares to the ferry.

I've shared with my son in law. The year starts when you buy into the scheme, not from your first trip, so leave it as late as possible.

You can book the day before travel from any country, so it keeps your return trip flexible.

Just make sure when you phone them that they take down your details correctly, and take the same card you paid with to book in at the terminal.

Billggski - 2015-05-18 1:01 PM

A trailer costs the same as a caravan, an extra £43. A motorhome costs £54 per crossing unless it's peak times. So £97 for MH plus trailer. I don't know how that compares to the ferry.

I've shared with my son in law. The year starts when you buy into the scheme, not from your first trip, so leave it as late as possible.

You can book the day before travel from any country, so it keeps your return trip flexible.

Just make sure when you phone them that they take down your details correctly, and take the same card you paid with to book in at the terminal.

My Tunnel quote (ordinary traveller, on their website) was £170 odd for a single crossing for a MH plus trailer. I may have got something wrong somewhere so I'll check again. I have however already booked for a crossing next week at a cost of £106 for a midday ferry with P&O.

Just checked: MH plus trailer for midday on 27th May is £222! Even at midnight it's £195.

JudgeMental - 2015-05-18 10:13 AM

Patricia is looking for someone to share frequent traveler scheme with? :-D

Yes I'd be interested. We'd only need one single trip this year though (October-Calais to Folkestone) and at least four singles next year so is that still viable?

Guest JudgeMental
Sophie2 - 2015-05-19 1:37 PM

Yes I'd be interested. We'd only need one single trip this year though (October-Calais to Folkestone) and at least four singles next year so is that still viable?

scheme is for 12 months from when you sign up? Send Patricia a PM and have a chat :-D

JudgeMental - 2015-05-20 10:52 AM

Sophie2 - 2015-05-19 1:37 PM

scheme is for 12 months from when you sign up? Send Patricia a PM and have a chat :-D

Hi Sophie it would be good to chat. I think I can see two PMs just come in so will read those in a few minutes. Sorry, really busy this morning but thanks for post and more thanks for Eddie for bringing up this thread again.

Archived