Mikomi LCD TV

Wilberforce

Mikomi LCD TV  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Patrick, If you have a 3.5mm plug (or like pattern) on the end of the mains adaptor for the TV at 12 volts, you can buy a 12 volt stabilized (DC to DC converter) for use with the TV. You really need to look at the 12volts input specification, usually found on the label at the rear of the set or in the instruction manual. The input could read 12-15 or greater volts, in that case no worries. If it reads 12 volts plus or minus maybe 10%, you will need to purchase a 12volt stabilised power supply. Many people will have run this type of TV from the 12 volt system and a few people have got away with it - for the time being! Amporer sell a stabilized 12 volt supply especially for the LCD TV, check out http://www.amperordirect.co.uk/products/LCD_TV_12v_Stabiliser_S1.asp Regards Terry

Hi Patrick, I think your best way forward is to use an inverter as example at http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=98635&doy=16m8 Its cheaper than a dc stabilizer and you won't contravene the manufactures warranty. The overhead (power used by inverter in standyby state) is about the same as a dc to dc converter, mine is typically 80ma (0.08amps). I have seen the TV you have before I bought the Alba 15" LCD from Argos, which has the 3.5mm plug, I thought at the time a spare 4pin plug would be hard to come by. Regards Terry

Thank you for your help. We are using it at home at the moment and it is fine. I just wanted the ability to use it if we were in the van and not on hook-up. I'm going to have a word with a friendly TV engineer so I will let you know if I have any luck. Wilberforce.

Archived