Insurance.

Wilberforce

We have insured with Caravanguard this year. Good quote including european cover and UK roadisde assistance. Good response to email correspondence and good on the phone ... not based in Bangalore (as far as I can tell). You will probably need a Tracker or Trackstar or similar fitted. So far, so good. We hope not to try their claims procedure!

we use Caravan Guard, good quote, all fine, only needed to use their european breakdown last year in France - that was excellent service. You do not need a tracking device, but if you have one - they will give you a discount. carol

We are insured with Caravan Guard and have found them very helpful. Especially when we had to make a claim and deal with the underwriters, who are Royal Sun Alliance. Long story there but when we threw up our hands and went back for help to Caravan Guard they were very helpful in sorting out the mess!

Sounds like you all had better luck than me. Phoned three times in all, only to be told that the people that deal with motorhome insurance were busy with other callers and could I phone back, thats why I phoned three times, gave up after that. Hope their claims are sorted better!!

This subject has been pretty thoroughly discussed on previous threads on this forum. Suggest you use the Search facility and input Insurance, one of the listed items will be for the 5th. June 2006, when several Insurance Brokers are recommended but, by far the most complimentary reports relate to COMFORT INSURANCE, my own reply, at the time, is self explanatory - so won't repeat it hear. Suffice to say that there is only one Insurer that I would consider using, and that is COMFORT INSURANCE, who advertise in most Motorhome Mags and, of course, have a website. Best wishes, Chris (Greynomad)

[QUOTE]hbarnett - 2006-08-18 4:42 PM I have just insured my mh with Safeguard, tried everyone else, they were £237 cheaper than my next best quote and provide legal cover and UK/European unlimited travel and breakdown service with the AA Howard.[/QUOTE] Howard, What motorhome have you got (?) Usually the quotes are not that far apart. Don

Just a word of caution, make sure that whoever you insure with, that they will keep a correct record of your 'no claims' status. One of the popular insurers didn't, and went on to say that they never did, when we changed to another insurer we had a hell of a saga to prove our 'no claims' status.

Archived