Omnivent

CREAKY

At present I have a 240v aircon unit on the roof of my van. I intend to replace this with a 12v Omnivent which has a 3 speed fan. I'm confident in doing this myself, but would appreciate any advice, or pointers to help. Cheers CREAKY. (!)

I`ve fitted omnivents on my present and last van. As long as you have a 40cm X 40cm hole once the air-con is removed it`s an easy job. The standard kit will fit roof thicknesses up to 40mm, although a kit is available for thicker roofs. There is no need to drill the roof as the top part is clamped through the aperture and then the trim parts screwed on from below. The top part needs bedding on with sealant - don`t use an adhesive sealant in case you need to remove the vent in the future. Once the aircon is removed you should be able to feed the wires between the outer skin and ceiling of your camper - I used a length of galvanise wire to feed them from the fuse box in the wardrobe. Sizes and fuse ratings are in the instructions. Hope this helps. Donations of removed air-cons appreciated !!!!!!

Archived