Ouch that hurt!

Chausson le mor

Just returned lovely 3 week tour of Wales only downside unmarked coach with those large forward hung wing mirrors got much too close to me near Blaneau!

My wife kept telling me he is going to hit us but I felt ok as I was well within the roadmarkings on the correct side of the road. Trouble was he was coming around a bend at the time so his front end strayed into our side of the road. Was going to stop but road was very narrow and full of traffic. the resulting collision saw my wing mirror forced into the side window and smashed the top mirror glass.

Managed to make the mirror secure with help of some cable ties.

Decided to look for new glass mirror on internet plenty of firms selling OEM type for the previous Renault Master van but ours is a 2011 Renault Master 3. Gave up trying so rang Renault £74.21 inc VAT!!!

No other choice but to purchase told guy on parts counter that was the most expensive wing mirror glass Ive ever bought his reply the Citroen one for the Relay is even dearer!!!! Moral of the story avoid coaches in Wales!

Guest JudgeMental
You should have slowed down and waited...why so concerned with holding up traffic..just look after yourself . Anyway not expensive this time! :-D

Whilst heading to Fort William many years ago in a Damon challenger I acknowledged a french reg camper heading my way.

CRASH! his overcab hit my mirror ripping it off the side of the rv, slowing to a halt 200 yards down the road I inspected the damage and walked towards him as he had stopped also, he then proceded to bugger off so I ran to the bus to turn it around and give chase. A following motorist who suffered damage from debris set off after him first.

12 miles and 2 empty police houses later I caught up with him in which time he had clipped another van.

His wife insisted she was driving as he (who was a Scotsman) reeked of whiskey I begged to differ as I remembered putting my hand up to the driver,two left hookers together etc.

Having no phone signal just details were exchanged and we went on our way.

I ordered a new mirror for next day delivery £385!! next day ended up 8 days later, so although you have had a shock and expense which I can empathise with it could have been worse.

Guest searchforsites

Or get some wing mirror protectors.

We got hit by white van man in France, who of course didn't stop but must of came of worse as there was broken glass, but not ours. We suffered just a cracked housing - that is maded of ABS and impossible to glue back together, so got a pair of white wing mirror protectors.

As they are white rather than black, these definitely make the van appear wider and have noticed people give you more room.

Archived