THULE AUTOTRAIL HABITATION DOOR STEP ALARM

Frank McAuley

The simplest solution will depend to some extent on the model of step ("Thule" steps used to be branded "Omnistep").

I'm doubtful (based on my own slide-out Omnistep) that it would be practicable to reach the contact-switch that is operated when the step is fully retracted and stops the step-alarm sounding, and I'm not sure if removing wires from the step's manual operating switch would necessarily shut off the warning-buzzer. Not sure either if there would be fuse that could be removed to kill the step alarm.

There's a sample wiring diagram here:

http://www.motts.org/Omnistep.htm

As the step-alarm buzzer will have been added by Auto-Trail during the conversion process, I suspect that Overdrive's suggestion to disconnect the buzzer would be the most certain temporary fix.

Tyou folks. On chatting to Autotrail yesterday they told me to remove a suitably labelled fuse from the box the rear of the driver's seat but there was no suitably labelled fuse and removal of the others had no effect.

Chatted to another member of the "After Sales Team" today and he told me the same but when I told him it didn't work so he went off to research the problem and came back with a resolution , viz:

AT used two different fuse boxes behind the driver's seat and the appropriate fuse, in my case, is in the number two slot in the 12 v section of the PSU (10 amps).

The alarm has stopped and in the spirit of this forum I have included this info just in case somebody else has the same prob. Cheers - there's better ways of getting a headache!!

Archived