1997 Pilote Galaxy

sheptenelan

Hi All

I have only just registered with this forum and I would appreciate some advice.

I own a1997 Pilote Galaxy 25 with an end kitchen, I have just purchased a Fiamma Security handle only to find that there is not enough room for the bottom bracket . The width between the door frame and the fridge surround is not wide enough to accept the metal backing plate. This means that the handle will have to be fitted high up the door in order that the fitting plate is above the hight of the working surface. That is unless the fridge surround can be removed to give access behind it, does anyone know if the surround can be removed easily.

Thank you in anticipation.

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

Based on the 9th photo here

http://www.kampersandkars.co.uk/kampers.php?index=40

it looks like you'd have to start by removing the fridge to ascertain how straightforward it would be fit the handle's backing-plate.

I wouldn't expect the wooden front of the furniture unit that surrounds the fridge to be removable without first removing the fridge. My reasons for thinking this are a) because that's not the way motorhomes are normally built and b) because it should be reasonably apparent if the surround could be removed easily and there are no visible signs that this is possible.

With the fridge out it should be practicable (though not necessarily simple) to fit the backing plate. However, I don't think there's any magic work-around - if you want to attach the security handle low down, you'll need to remove the fridge to gain the necessary access to allow you to fit the backing-plate.

Archived