Kiko Park Playa de Oliva, Valencia - any good?

Matrix Meanderer

We are thinking of staying at this site in February 2014 in our motorhome and being joined by our daughter with her three year old and son in law who could fly out to Valencia and stay in one of their bungalows which I presume are adjacent to the campsite pitches.

We have not stayed at the site. Have any forum members used this site - it is one used by the C&CC in their Winter Sun Holidays but obviously no mention of the bungalows. Camping pitches look pretty good. The restaurant/food generally also looks pretty good as does the beach, and it's an ACSI site.

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Also any suggestions for even better coastal sites nearer to either Alicante or Valencia airports with good family bungalow type self catering accommodation for them to join us for the half term week on the same site as our motorhome.

We stayed there a few years ago now, don't remember the bungalows, but there may have been.Some. pitches were small, but again they may now have more bigger ones. Gets very busy in early summer, don't know about winter though.Lovely sandy beach next to it, but can be windy.Easy walk into Oliva, which is quiet a busy town. If you do decide to go there, you may have to book?

PJay

Matrix Meanderer - 2013-09-22 8:49 PM

We are thinking of staying at this site in February 2014 in our motorhome and being joined by our daughter with her three year old and son in law who could fly out to Valencia and stay in one of their bungalows which I presume are adjacent to the campsite pitches.

We have not stayed at the site. Have any forum members used this site - it is one used by the C&CC in their Winter Sun Holidays but obviously no mention of the bungalows. Camping pitches look pretty good. The restaurant/food generally also looks pretty good as does the beach, and it's an ACSI site.

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Also any suggestions for even better coastal sites nearer to either Alicante or Valencia airports with good family bungalow type self catering accommodation for them to join us for the half term week on the same site as our motorhome.

Hi Ian

Just googled Camping Kiko Park, looks as if it is a lot bigger since we were there, and review states tight pitches, and also hard to find. I remember now, we had trouble finding it!!

PJay

Guest pelmetman

We stayed this January for one night, nice site next to the beach which is the other side of a sand dune.

Don't recall the pitches being any smaller than when we stayed a few years ago :-S..........Its a fair hike from the main town, which is why most people use bikes ;-)

Oh and it was a pig to find again *-).............but I think that was mainly due to the road works :-(

There is now a takeaway on site along with a well stocked shop, posh restaurant and a cheaper bar type restaurant just of site ;-)

DSCN1963web.jpg.bb8e22a4e8351b50ea7638db9fdf47c0.jpg

DSCN1964web.jpg.aa2b30f554bc20377cad333794be9293.jpg

If photo's taken in January Dave, then it does'nt look too full. thought it may have been !

i guess the over winter's go further south. it was full when we were there , and so maybe all the larger pitches were taken. The problem was getting the van across the pitch, as there was not a lot of room for turning. Site would be fine for OP , with granchild, as no road to cross for the beach, there was a bus, but we never saw it !!

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2013-09-23 8:35 AM

If photo's taken in January Dave, then it does'nt look too full. thought it may have been !

i guess the over winter's go further south. it was full when we were there , and so maybe all the larger pitches were taken. The problem was getting the van across the pitch, as there was not a lot of room for turning. Site would be fine for OP , with granchild, as no road to cross for the beach, there was a bus, but we never saw it !!

Yes Pauline it was January, and the site was pretty busy, the section we were in is where they stick the short stayers, the bigger pitches are on the other side nearer the pool/spa...............but as you say its still too far North for us at that time of year ;-).........

We just left this site today. The site was very busy and the big pitches are 30€ we thought the other pitches were small and cramped with a long way to electrics however just outside the main entrance is their aire which has electric to every pitch, easy access to water and chemical disposal and you can walk round to use the showers and look etc. This area is also only 13.90€ a night Andeach pitch is very generous in size and yes there looks to be accommodation also.

Guest pelmetman
sean.clarke - 2013-09-23 6:55 PM

1971?? 1971?? I wasn't even born then, my mum and dad weren't even married!

Are Sprogs allowed on here????? :D.................R*ddy misfits *-)

Don't come back until your old and grumpy ;-)..........

spent some winter months there,couple of years back.good beach,but bad for security.pitches by the pool are good but the germans book these year on year.others were small and shabby with a long run to the electric.expect poeple on your pitch sorting theirs.good walk to working town.aldi and other s/markts handy.market tuesday.and YES can get very windy,dont leave fiamma type shade out at night!good staff,helpfull gets a bit messy when it rains. :-D

tazdog6007 - 2013-09-25 5:37 PM

spent some winter months there,couple of years back.good beach,but bad for security.pitches by the pool are good but the germans book these year on year.others were small and shabby with a long run to the electric.expect poeple on your pitch sorting theirs.good walk to working town.aldi and other s/markts handy.market tuesday.and YES can get very windy,dont leave fiamma type shade out at night!good staff,helpfull gets a bit messy when it rains. :-D

Thanks for this candid observation. Know what you mean about our teutonic european neighbours.

On balance I think I'll give Kiko Park a miss.

Have now found plenty of sites around Benidorm with good quality bungalows etc. Plenty to do in Benidorm for our family.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Ian

i think you are very wise to go to somewhere more "holiday" orientated , with children. Mind you will probably cost more in "treats", but that what's Grandparents are for!

When they get to teens and twenties (Like ours) the treats get really expensive!! Help pay for car and insure it. We have nine, but seven of them already have cars, so only two more to go.

PJay

Archived