TV STICK

John H

Hi All, Maplin have got a DVB-T/Analogue USB TV Stick on special offer. It's been reduced from £69.99 to £49.99. Does anyone know if this is any good? it is supposed to cover analogue and digital TV & radio, multi regional, remote control etc. etc. I am thinking of buying one for my computer so I want to know if it's as good as it sounds. Best regards, John.

Why not buy it, try it and if it works all well and good, if not take it back? You will need a decent antenna though, the little stick type that comes with it will be as much good as a piece of wet string and unless you are within a mile or so of the transmitter it will be useless. D.

I bought a digital dvb-t usb stick earlier this year for use with my laptop when I am out and about and it works a treat as long as you have got a decent aerial! the little antenna that comes with it is useless. Depending where I was I could pick up all the freeview channels. I have now bought a digital/analogue one, it is good too, so I can now get terrestial tv too, bbc1, 2, itv etc too on my laptop. You can record programmes straight onto your hard drive. Go for it, they are good, but you won't get a digital signal in some places if there isn't one. Got a digital one going spare if anyone is interested. Carol

Archived