Garmin Dezl & POI's

Caroline

Guest JudgeMental

Download POI loader from garmin site. I'm not sure how dezi works in the way you load POI, as with my older nuvi. If I want to add a new set of PO. I add it to folder and have to upload the whole set again, as it overwrites existing sets? But newer garmin you can add single files one at a time...

Create a download folder in PC or laptop, Put all your POI files in it, there are loads out there, from fuel to LPG, supermarkets, campsites aires, parking, McDonald's etc...

Connect dezi to computer, open POI loader, select the folder and load everything in it to the dezi. Job done.

You may well be able to add other sets separately with dezi, I can't, should be easy enough to find out. The garmin forum full of expert help, but it is easy once you have done it

Dezi a nice choice..is it the camper deluxe?

http://iqc.garmin.com/eCustomer/KODSelfService/request.do?create=kb:garmin&report()=p%7B0d7773a0-b9cd-11de-73d6-000000000000%7D

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/38522

Just highlights the disadvantage of burning your bridges and discarding your old trusty PC or laptop in favour of a new fangled tablet, especially an ipad with no physical connectivity to third party peripherals.

We have 2 iPads, but while my wife gave up her laptop, I retained my old desktop mainly for updating devices over the Internet.

Still, the garmin is a good device, good luck with POIs.

bolero boy - 2013-09-29 9:06 AM

Just highlights the disadvantage of burning your bridges and discarding your old trusty PC or laptop in favour of a new fangled tablet, especially an ipad with no physical connectivity to third party peripherals.

We have 2 iPads, but while my wife gave up her laptop, I retained my old desktop mainly for updating devices over the Internet.

Still, the garmin is a good device, good luck with POIs.

Too true, brought an ipad for my wife earlier in the year, first impressions are how great it is then the reality sets in. Turns out all it really is, is an expensive web browser that you have little control over, no file structure you can access it does what it wants with files and try getting files off your network, that's a real challenge.

So now we take the ipad and my netbook with us. :D

Archived