Motorhome Contents Insurance

enodreven

Thats an interesting question Brian, only last week I talked to both Home and Motorhome insurance companies, only the Home insurance could provide seperate insurance for extra value items, which I already pay a premium for on the house insurance. I looked carefully at both insurances, and it seems I have cover for individual items up to £1500 for any one valuable item. A laptop for example would not be covered in the MH insurance but will be covered by the home insurance, as an item not usually residing in the MH, up to the limit specified in the contract details. Any item normally residing in the motorhome will be covered by the MH insurance, again subject to the limits in the contract details. I still feel that when push comes to shove I will have a fight on my hands with the insurance companies, so will be looking with interest the replies to your question. I did a note on the forum previously about using an xls spreadsheet for itemising all valuables and serial numbers, could help if the worst happens. Regards Terry

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2006-08-18 10:48 AM Hi, Do any of you take out seperate insurance to cover the contents of your motorhome or do you rely on the house insurance ? [/QUOTE] Brian, I have my Contents/home insurance with Comfort www.comfort-insurance.co.uk They do a combined package taking in home/contents/travel/medical insurance which is specially tailored for the long term traveller. We also have the van insurance with them so everything is with Norwich Union. With the system I can get cover for 90/120/180 days on my home/contents/ travel/medical insurance. before I used CIS, they were about the only company at that time who would allow you to leave your property unoccupied for three/four months at a stretch. Don

Archived