£19.00 to stay at SERVICES

Pampam

Whilst I tend to agree with all of Paul's points, there is no escaping the fact that late at night, tired, and in need of a stop, wandering off the motorway in search of a 'good spot', preferably not a lay-by in the dark, sounds like even less fun than just parking up, paying the price and getting your down ready for an early start - and it will be an early start - the noise of other users will guarantee that!

We paid £10 and stayed at a dog show on the racecourse and very nice it was too we originally parked down at entrance but then had a gang of quad racers so moved up and stayed at dog show then set off next morning to twynholm where we camped for nowt for two nights then to New England bay ......it's my fave I've just discovered it haven't phoned the services yet cos I'm back at work but I'm going to to enquire why the sudden hike in charges .im goim

NGO to look at wildcamping forum does anybody know the best one please? Pp

Well it seems Richard gets the point but maybe thats because he is an ex resident of Cornwall and knows what the M5/A30 is like on a Saturday, let alone a bank holiday Saturday, for those that don't the following might seem madness.

The family holiday was this last august bank holiday, this involves me and six females, two tents plus a mess tent our van and a car.

The first vehicle(our van) is loaded with most of the equipment, three of us set off around 8pm friday drive down towards west country stopping around 11:30pm at Taunton Deane, around 5 hours sleep then off to complete journey to campsite before the traffic gets bad.

Second vehicle sets off about 2am to drive right throu the night, this year, arriving 1/2hr after us a campsite. The 'kids' are taken down the beach whilst two of use scout out who is packing up so we can commandeer a suitable area to set up camp, no pre booked pitchs here.

This is the one week per year that we get to ensure the kids get a nice week long holiday, £19 and a night at a service station? I'll take that to see their beaming smiles.

Archived