Motorhome parking.

Roy

We recently visited The Derbyshire Dales. Derbyshire Dales District Council car parks have sign: Overnight parking 10am to 8am- 20p. (good news!). Weight limit 1500kg (bad news). Contact with Keith Postlethwaite (who is a motor caravanner) of DDDDC reveals: weight limit doesn't apply to motor caravans (as long as they fit in marked bay or are parked in unmarked bays) (good news). Overnight 'camping' is forbidden (bad news). Roy.

Have just been in touch with Strategic Car Parks Manager (what a great title, wonder what it means!) for Truro and Falmouth (Cornwall - I live here!) as some time ago they indicated they were looking at updating their Parking Guide. They didn't of course, but I did get some useful info. I'll pass the full info on for publication in MMM, but it won't get there for this year's use....so in general, if coming to this area, I'm told as long as you pay for the number of bays you use.....(!) you can use any car park or the Park and Ride for day parking, no overnight camping. They say info on website (and will be updated in due course), but I have't yet found a 'link'. Parking anywhere here in August is somehwat fraught, but there are spaces if you come early in the day, and all but 2 (the multi storey ones!)are free of height barriers.

Archived