Dethleffs Esprit Alde heating failure

OttosMum

My husband hankered after the Alde heating telling me it would be better for my worsening lung condition. We bit the bullet and bought the Esprit. Our first holiday a week after purchase lasted 24hrs. We awoke the first morning to find the 2 dog beds, carpet and my beloved slippers soaked. The heating wasn't on and no hot water. All the glycol had leaked from bleed nipples. We contacted Premier Motorhomes who in turn contacted Alde heating. We were told an engineer could look at it 3 weeks later. Not much use when you are 100 miles from home.

If this was a luxury car, it wouldn't even have been suggested, so why is it acceptable in the Motorhome world.

Alde take the view they only supply the product, not fit it. So manufacturers take note as to how much Alde value your trade.

We have got to the end of our tether with it, until a knight in shining armour( well ok navy blue overalls) Martin of whisp air in romsey took control. We spoke to him yesterday morning, he phoned Premier and then Alde, he rang us as promised late yesterday afternoon and we took our white elephant to him.

We now have to wait while he again checks it over, to confirm a faulty PCB, then return suspect part to Alde, so they can check his diagnosis and replace or repair the part. At no time have Alde attempted to speed the repair of this very expensive motorhome. I find their attitude unbelievable in the current economic climate.

Thank heavens for Martin..

Guest JudgeMental

I had a PCB failure as well on Alde system...I was not travelling, engineer turned up within a week or two, cant remember precisely as it was maybe 10 years go. its a great system. try getting a trauma engineer to visit your home!lol you want real hassle, and unhealthy hot air and dust! buy a trauma system...and really see what misery feels like...

Plus..Hardly Aldes fault the system not installed or tested properly... its Dethleffs..but your dealer responsible as that is who your sales contract is with.....

JudgeMental - 2013-10-01 12:42 PM

I had a PCB failure as well on Alde system...I was not travelling, engineer turned up within a week or two, cant remember precisely as it was maybe 10 years go. its a great system. try getting a trauma engineer to visit your home!lol you want real hassle, and unhealthy hot air and dust! buy a trauma system...and really see what misery feels like...

Plus..Hardly Aldes fault the system not installed or tested properly... its Dethleffs..but your dealer responsible as that is who your sales contract is with.....

I had the complete opposite.

My Truma heating system broke down. It was completely dead. The fault was intermittent.

I called out a mobile technician who fitted a new circuit board to the heater. It worked for two days then packed in again. The technician then contacted the Truma factory near to Derby and arranged for me to take the van there.

The techie at Truma strippoed down the heater and replaced various parts including another circuit board. He also gave me enough Truma 1, 2 and 3 sachets to last a couple of years.

That was 18 months ago and the heater has been fine since.

Total cost was £0.00 although the van was 1 year out of warranty.

So for me, Truma are brilliant. No misery just pure satisfaction.

Guest JudgeMental
your kidding right?lol why would i want to travel to Derby from the S/E when Alde send an engineer to yur home..... Truma are crap and unreliable, and a horrible, unhealthy heat source..only their valves more unreliable *-)

JudgeMental - 2013-10-01 2:53 PM

your kidding right?lol why would i want to travel to Derby from the S/E when Alde send an engineer to yur home..... Truma are crap and unreliable, and a horrible, unhealthy heat source..only their valves more unreliable *-)

I live only 30 miles from Derby so very convenient for me. Not bothered about you, you rather arrogant selfish know-all know-nowt self.

You are trashing Truma and I am telling you facts that demolish your statement.

By the way, I couldn't care less about what you think or do or where you wish to travel to. You are not important to me.

I have no regard for your puerile comments on heaters.

Hi, we had truma system on burstner we have changed from, that's why my husband wanted Alde.

I can't get over the time it takes together things looked at and repaired, bearing in mind the sums involved.

Anyway, it may just be a wire off, not the circuit board diagnosed by first engineer, who walked away from job.

Martin at Whisp air is my hero, he stepped up to the mark yesterday morning, made all the phone calls he said he would, and we had the van to him last night, so he could do all the testing from cold this morning.

That has taken 2 weeks, which just beggars belief.

Hopefully will get a good nights sleep tonight, then we can plan our next adventure, without the fear of freezing, or being flooded out (lol)

JudgeMental - 2013-10-01 3:42 PM

better a helpful know it all then a know nothing selfish northern numpty...get a life!lol

Another inane comment from a seemingly brainless London Loser. lol??

I repeat, I couldn't care less about what you think or do or where you wish to travel to. You are not important to me.

I have no regard for your puerile comments on heaters or anything else for that matter.

I now understand that the stupid, boring 'lol' that keeps appearing stands for 'LOndonLoser'.

Guest JudgeMental

just keep all the bills/expenses and send to dealer who sold you the van as his responsibility legally, giving 14 days or small claims court proceedings will be issued..you will be surprised how this galvanises their thought processes...Mentioning you are a member of ALL forums helps!lol .all they will do is claim back from Dethleff...

Edit:

loser? lol I could buy and sell you thicko..."no interest"? than stay away from a topic on Alde you absolute cretin!lol....

Guest JudgeMental
johnnerontheroad - 2013-10-01 5:36 PM

Is it just me be how can a wire off be responsible for the leak? What has the PCB got to do with things?

Dave

separate problem or wrong diagnosis?. alde use thin alloy pipe with rubber joints held in place with clips..so whether a poor connection or bleed valve. We never had a problem, and had 3 vans with system. BUT! did have a problem with it working on electric on one van, and they came around and replaced PCB. Have also had 3 vans with trauma, all have been rubbish plus an awful system where dusty heat rises.. so warm head/cold feet ...like I said earlier the comparison with Trauma is laughable

JudgeMental - 2013-10-01 5:48 PM

...like I said earlier the comparison with Trauma is laughable

Hey LOL, where is this comparison with Truma? No-one's made a comparison! Perhaps you are seeing things!! Delusional?

I have made a factual comment about the excellent service that I received from Truma but that is all.

You are right in that I know nothing about Alde and it may well be 'better' than Truma in some ways but that does not detract from the great service that I received and my right to say so on this forum.

Guest JudgeMental
Tin Man - 2013-10-01 6:53 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-10-01 5:48 PM

...like I said earlier the comparison with Trauma is laughable

Hey LOL, where is this comparison with Truma? No-one's made a comparison! Perhaps you are seeing things!! Delusional?

I have made a factual comment about the excellent service that I received from Truma but that is all.

You are right in that I know nothing about Alde and it may well be 'better' than Truma in some ways but that does not detract from the great service that I received and my right to say so on this forum.

someone else on here bought a new van recently down this way, heating worked for 3 days...and he had to trawl all the way up to that God forsaken neck of the woods that you call home..Want to hazard a guess what system it was..Had to be removed and new system installed ..you call that "service" then you are a thicker plank than even I envisaged!

I was trying to sympathise with OP and tell her they had done the right thing inspite of problems..and now it turns out they have had their own share of problems previously with trauma!

JudgeMental - 2013-10-01 7:18 PM

someone else on here bought a new van recently down this way, heating worked for 3 days...and he had to trawl all the way up to that God forsaken neck of the woods that you call home..Want to hazard a guess what system it was..Had to be removed and new system installed ..you call that "service" then you are a thicker plank than even I envisaged!

Listen you obnoxious little creep, I made the comment about MY experience. Have you got that? Not yours, not any acquaintance of yours, but MY experience. Anyone who had the slightest command of the English language would have understood that from my posting.

When you spit out your venom, does the spittle and slobber stain your shirt? Send me some more of your insults LOL so that I can show the bile to a moderator. He can then perhaps kick your arse and the rest of your sad little self out for a bit or at least until the spittle stains dry.

Mind you LOL, if this forum can put up with an ignorant spittle spraying slobbery London gobs**te like you then I wonder if it is for me? We have manners up here.

Anyway LOL, I hope that you understand now. I did receive excellent service from Truma.

Guest JudgeMental
Ha ha ha....More off topic drivel disrupting a perfectly good thread.....what a selfish individual, don't give up your day job...mods will probably concur that your a congenital idiot....

Dave,

The heating/ hot water wasn't working on first trip away, the following morning glycol all over carpet, dog beds. Alde could send someone in 3 weeks, not what you expect with brand new van.

First technician tested and said PCB board, and leak must. Have been caused by air lock.......

He then decided he didn't wAnt anymore todo with job.

Martin at Whisp Air stepped in, and within a few hours had the van organised in his workshop,and during testing found the wire off.....

Maybe our van was built on a Friday. I truly hope not.

Not sure about all this name calling on this forum.

I

Guest JudgeMental
It's not Alde fault if not installed properly......so you never got a demo at dealer hand over. Dethleff who installed and dealer who sold are entirely responsible, plus always a good Idea to try out systems before travelling. So bleed valve was left open..who's fault that then do you think...... even if it was an air lock, whatever, "again"it's not been tested properly has it.....by you are anyone else for that matter

Guest JudgeMental
quickweh - 2013-10-02 7:59 PM

candapack - 2013-10-02 6:37 PM

I like JudgeMental

And I like TinMan

But which is better?

Only one way to find out!

(Apologies to HH)

Can you please post this as a new thread? LMHO :D

Ship the useless lump of scrap metal down here to London where all the brains are....as we have the skills to convert him into something useful...maybe a receptical for his BS :D

Archived