stolen generator - Lincoln show

foxy

Had a good weekend at the show until the last night, sat in van watching TV, slight splutter on generator then continued running, mmmm ses me must be running out of fuel. Generator stops, so I casually got up in the thought of refuelling, went out and all that was there was the electric cable the genny had gone, how the tea leaves had got away I do not know. no one running or in sight no sound of vehicle. Told security and they said it would probably be someone on site, ohh how times have changed.

Yes I hear you say was it chained up, no it wasn`t it was literally outside the door, but yes it should have been. Just hope this reminds others to secure their`s. It was a Honda 2 i so a good buy for someone on Gum tree or ebay.

The only thing we did notice was an American RV arrive near us which on reflection seemed strange on the last night, it was gone early morning. The security said no one could get in without a wrist band, but I`m sure this vehicle rolled in off the road.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental
Way2Go - 2013-10-02 3:05 PM

Well that's one that's bitten the dust and a good job too. Buy yourself a leisure battery . . . you can get them for motorhomes these days.

One down many more to go >:-)

There was one being run all evening on gravelines aire on our return from Italy mid August.....it was a UK van, we were parked at other end luckily for him :D

Lincolnshire PIKEYS, their rampant.......police do not question them, daren't........ :'( ...my van was robbed of starter motor (not protected by cat 1) + alternator + expensive metal planters in front garden 8o|...lesson learnt for us.....

Guest pelmetman

How brazen to nick a generator whilst plugged in and working 8-)........

Pssst......... anyone want to buy a cheap genny ;-)......................still warm :D

When our lads were young we used to race serious model cars all over the UK and Europe. At one meeting three generators were stolen over night. A visit by around a hundred drivers and their mechanics to a nearby travellers camp soon solved the problem.

On another occasion back when I worked for a living we had some operators working seven floors up in a tower block with the power being provided by a big generator in the street below. When the power failed they wandered down unconcerned to refuel the generator. Yep it had gone. Whoever took it must have come prepared with a van and ramps because it was a big bugger that would have been almost impossible to lift. I wasn't that concerned with the loss because it was quite old but I certainly never let the operators concerned live that one down for years. Naturally an email had to go out to everyone with the details of what had happened to prevent it happening again!

I would have thought after 231 posts Foxy, you would know that there will not be a lot of sympathy for you or your misssing generator on this website.

The moral of the story is that even if you think you are among friends,and like minded people, make sure that everything is screwed down.

When you get your next genny, go for one of the nice noisy and dirty East German two stoke jobbies that will keep them happy at the shows

HWO

Bolly1965 - 2013-10-02 10:00 PM

what a bunch of opinionated *&%*s

Time I went elsewhere

You lot should run for parliament as you make as much sense as those idiots in government.

No sympathy for a victim of crime? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

bolly if you have ever camped within 100m of a gennie you would understand the posts, i go to places for the view & peace, i.m.o. people who use gennies next to other campers deserve to get them nicked, you would protest if say students where making the same noise next to your house :D

Guest pelmetman

Victim of crime? 8-) ....................your living in the dark ages ;-).............Mr Plod would only press a few buttons on his puter if the OP bothered to report it.............and then its only worth reporting if its worth the OP claiming and he needs a crime number................but then its only worth claiming if it doesn't affect his no claims or is worth more than a generator *-).............

Welcome to the real world :D.........

foxy - 2013-10-02 12:56 PM

Had a good weekend at the show until the last night, sat in van watching TV, slight splutter on generator then continued running, mmmm ses me must be running out of fuel. Generator stops, so I casually got up in the thought of refuelling, went out and all that was there was the electric cable the genny had gone, how the tea leaves had got away I do not know. no one running or in sight no sound of vehicle. Told security and they said it would probably be someone on site, ohh how times have changed.

Yes I hear you say was it chained up, no it wasn`t it was literally outside the door, but yes it should have been. Just hope this reminds others to secure their`s. It was a Honda 2 i so a good buy for someone on Gum tree or ebay.

The only thing we did notice was an American RV arrive near us which on reflection seemed strange on the last night, it was gone early morning. The security said no one could get in without a wrist band, but I`m sure this vehicle rolled in off the road.

I wonder how your insurance company are going to deal with this as its was not secured in any way?

what a bunch of opinionated *&%*s

Time I went elsewhere

You lot should run for parliament as you make as much sense as those idiots in government.

It's one thing having an opinion Bolly which surely is everyones right but it's just horrible when people start calling names like you and Peter have , I'm very upset !

Also I don't think for a minute anyone likes the fact someone has been a victim of crime however much we dislike the drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's

A couple of years ago, at the Newbury show, security guards found a few generators in the hedges. These were put there ready to be picked up later by the thieves. Even one of the stalls had one pinched.

Sorry for your loss as nobody wants to think that thieves are walking around your van at night.

Chris

Guest JudgeMental

what do you expect the reception to be like.....99% of campers detest generators and see them as unnecessary. To compound this by not securing it ..well!lol

would I leave our bikes outside not chained up ..not a chance...

A few years ago we went on a C&CC temp holiday site in Weymouth and whilst we were booking in the Steward stated if you have a genny or sat dish bring them in overnight or else they will be gone in the morning no matter how well you secure them !!!

Archived