stolen generator - Lincoln show

foxy

Guest 1footinthegrave
capcloser - 2013-10-08 10:29 AM

Or this

I thought you'd been at work all night, but here you are posting at 10-30 in the morning, I'd get off to bed if I was you, another shift coming up tonight you tell us, and you spent most of yesterday posting on here, instead of getting your sleep as well. >:-)

If that thing is the sum total of two of you working full time for the past 25 years , I'd look for a change of lifestyle, most benefit scroungers would be in hysterics to see that's all you have, bunked up in somebody's field :D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's rich, coming from the bloke who's supposed to be touring the continent in his van and seeing the sights?...and yet oddly,still finds himself chattering on some internet forum..the same as he does when he's at home...? Odd.....

...you must really know how to have a good time....

(lol) (lol)

Guest 1footinthegrave

We are currently staying for a few days at our ex bosses house near Castillon-la - Bataille, for your information we do this twice a year, in Spring to open the house and organise the pool,for them and their family members, but we normally stay for a couple of weeks then,until one of them arrives, I guess you could call it house sitting, but we receive no payment, just the use and benefits of the house, and again at this time of year to shut everything down for the Winter coinciding when we are at the end of our trip, obviously Internet access here so what's your problem, after all your doing the same thing. And to be honest apart from looking at mile upon mile of vineyards here, which is like a busmans holiday now for us, this part of our trip normally gets a bit boring, after we've done our chores.

But I can assure you for the most part we do have a really nice time thanks, if by any chance you have any questions about anything related to house sitting opportunities we are in all evening, give us a call here, I'll PM you the number.

;-)

1footinthegrave - 2013-10-08 5:29 PM

We are currently staying for a few days at our ex bosses house near Castillon-la - Bataille, for your information we do this twice a year, in Spring to open the house and organise the pool,for them and their family members, but we normally stay for a couple of weeks then,until one of them arrives, I guess you could call it house sitting, but we receive no payment, just the use and benefits of the house, and again at this time of year to shut everything down for the Winter coinciding when we are at the end of our trip, obviously Internet access here so what's your problem, after all your doing the same thing. And to be honest apart from looking at mile upon mile of vineyards here, which is like a busmans holiday now for us, this part of our trip normally gets a bit boring, after we've done our chores.

But I can assure you for the most part we do have a really nice time thanks, if by any chance you have any questions about anything related to house sitting opportunities we are in all evening, give us a call here, I'll PM you the number.

;-)

You should change your name to 1footinthedoor. :D

BTW, you can serve tea in the Drawing Room. And get a move on. *-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

;-)

Check your inbox, I have sent you the number, Mike.

Guest 1footinthegrave
747 - 2013-10-08 6:02 PM

;-)

To be honest there's no great mystery to house sitting, many folk do it, we are fortunate that ours combines our love of France and some very generous former employers, they get as much out of the arrangements as we do. Oh and they call the Drawing Room, the Salon. ;-)

It takes about half hour to fit,stove is steel not cast iron.your right 1foot i should have been in bed,but like a twit i made a vets apointment without checking my planner!just got up.Oh the yacht and jet ski are behind the trailer :-) and it may be all i have but i earned it and its all paid for,notbing on credit,ever!

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-10-08 6:10 PM

747 - 2013-10-08 6:02 PM

;-)

To be honest there's no great mystery to house sitting, many folk do it, we are fortunate that ours combines our love of France and some very generous former employers, they get as much out of the arrangements as we do. Oh and they call the Drawing Room, the Salon. ;-)

We managed to blag a Gite of one of my customers years ago for us and my SIL + hubby, in exchange for a bit of decorating B-)..................decided to use the kitchen table as a platform for painting the ceiling ;-)............unfortunately beer wine and painting don't mix :-S.............table got a bit splattered with paint *-).........

Next day after a bit more wine & beer I discovered a beer top would remove the paint :D.......

Next day we were sober 8-).....................so put the table cloth back on :$

Never did get offered the Gite again (?)

Guest pelmetman
capcloser - 2013-10-08 6:37 PM

It takes about half hour to fit,stove is steel not cast iron.your right 1foot i should have been in bed,but like a twit i made a vets apointment without checking my planner!just got up.Oh the yacht and jet ski are behind the trailer :-) and it may be all i have but i earned it and its all paid for,notbing on credit,ever!

How about a few pics of the set up inside, and what do you do to insulate the inside of the van?.........as it must chuck out a lot of heat 8-)..................

1footinthegrave - 2013-10-08 4:51 PM

capcloser - 2013-10-08 10:29 AM

Or this

I thought you'd been at work all night, but here you are posting at 10-30 in the morning, I'd get off to bed if I was you, another shift coming up tonight you tell us, and you spent most of yesterday posting on here, instead of getting your sleep as well. >:-)

If that thing is the sum total of two of you working full time for the past 25 years , I'd look for a change of lifestyle, most benefit scroungers would be in hysterics to see that's all you have, bunked up in somebody's field :D

What's eating you Footster? I get that you don't like welfare system cheats, neither do I. Nor do I like a bleeding-heart liberal political system that not only enables, but encourages them.

Not seeing much evidence that the 5th wheel dwellers are screwing the system though.

It's possible to live outside of bricks and mortar and not be a parasite, indeed I've personally done so.

As for generators, I do tend to agree. These days they are probably, in most cases they are used to power systems in a motorcaravan indicative of the owner being more suited to living in the aforementioned bricks and mortar.

Never yet seen the need for one.

Might be an idea though - for those that do insist on running them anywhere near other people - to put a simple sign on the thing saying "Running for 2 hours to charge batteries" or whatever. This would at least do much to keep victims informed and reduce much tension and anxiety. At least those made to suffer would know there was an end in sight.

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-07 10:10 PM

lennyhb - 2013-10-07 7:07 PM

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-06 12:27 PM

Unfortunately my heating is Trauma hot air and this soon depletes the battery bank when running.

Thats a myth a Truma combi takes around 5-6 amps on start up for about the first 15-20 mins then the fan speed drops and the draw is about 2.5-3 amps and when the van is up to temperature another 20 min or so the fan drops to low speed and the current draw is less than an amp.

Running for 4 hours it will consume less than 7 amp hours even on a very cold evening if it to run at full output for say 1 1/2 hours to get the van up to temp it would only use about 12.5 amp hours.

That's what I like about this forum, always an expert to keep you right. My actual experience with the Truma blow air heating is as follows:-

2 x 110 A/h brand new batteries

Cable from batteries to Sergeant upgraded to cut down volts drop

Cable from Sergeant to Truma upgraded to cut down volts drop

On power up heater turns over at low level to heat up

Once heater temperature reached fan increases to full speed to heat MH to temperature set at thermostat.

If left at a high level fan will run between high and low for possibly 2 hours

Truma will trip out on under voltage

Now either I have two duff batteries, the Truma low voltage trip is set to low or the heater is operating correctly.

When back in UK next April will carry out a load test on the batteries and measure the current drawn of the heater.

Interested to hear of other users experience

If we ran our Truma for 2 hours I think we would have passed out with heat exhaustion, 6kw in a van under 7m is a lot of heat. :D

The only time we have had it trip out on low voltage was after two weeks only driving a few miles each day so batteries never got recharged (2 x 80ah) not had a problem since fitting a solar panel.

Guest JudgeMental
keninpalamos - 2013-10-10 9:26 AM

"Log on for friendly chat with hundreds of motorhome enthusiasts like yourself" :-D

well!..they cant blame me this time as I'm down in Spain......bunch of miseries :D

lennyhb - 2013-10-10 2:37 PM

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-07 10:10 PM

lennyhb - 2013-10-07 7:07 PM

sshortcircuit - 2013-10-06 12:27 PM

Unfortunately my heating is Trauma hot air and this soon depletes the battery bank when running.

Thats a myth a Truma combi takes around 5-6 amps on start up for about the first 15-20 mins then the fan speed drops and the draw is about 2.5-3 amps and when the van is up to temperature another 20 min or so the fan drops to low speed and the current draw is less than an amp.

Running for 4 hours it will consume less than 7 amp hours even on a very cold evening if it to run at full output for say 1 1/2 hours to get the van up to temp it would only use about 12.5 amp hours.

That's what I like about this forum, always an expert to keep you right. My actual experience with the Truma blow air heating is as follows:-

2 x 110 A/h brand new batteries

Cable from batteries to Sergeant upgraded to cut down volts drop

Cable from Sergeant to Truma upgraded to cut down volts drop

On power up heater turns over at low level to heat up

Once heater temperature reached fan increases to full speed to heat MH to temperature set at thermostat.

If left at a high level fan will run between high and low for possibly 2 hours

Truma will trip out on under voltage

Now either I have two duff batteries, the Truma low voltage trip is set to low or the heater is operating correctly.

When back in UK next April will carry out a load test on the batteries and measure the current drawn of the heater.

Interested to hear of other users experience

If we ran our Truma for 2 hours I think we would have passed out with heat exhaustion, 6kw in a van under 7m is a lot of heat. :D

The only time we have had it trip out on low voltage was after two weeks only driving a few miles each day so batteries never got recharged (2 x 80ah) not had a problem since fitting a solar panel.

shortcircuit

Well it appears I may have a problem somewhere, however it is 25°+ at the moment and little possibility of using heater so unable to measure current flows.

I have 90 watt of solar and at the moment they are producing Mega watts so batteries are tiptop. Gardeners cut trees down today so sun shade had disappeared and I will toast tonight. Enjoy :-S

As we are totally off topic now I decided I I would leave you with a thought.

There is a common myth that the wind chills cars and motorhomes and lowers the temperature.

This isn't the case. "Wind chill" only affects living objects and takes heat away from your skin that has to be replaced.

A wind blowing over a motorhome doesn't lower the temperature, (a draught is a different thing,) but the ambient temperature stays the same.

Discuss

Goodnight.

Billggski - 2013-10-10 9:26 PM

As we are totally off topic now I decided I I would leave you with a thought.

There is a common myth that the wind chills cars and motorhomes and lowers the temperature.

This isn't the case. "Wind chill" only affects living objects and takes heat away from your skin that has to be replaced.

A wind blowing over a motorhome doesn't lower the temperature, (a draught is a different thing,) but the ambient temperature stays the same.

Discuss

Goodnight.

to deep for me, now where the rsd :D doh! red, had to much already

Wind chill does just that. Its actually one of the laws of thermodynamics,first or second can't remember. Look up"how a fridge works "or similar, heat is taken by gas/liquid to another place. Air can be that medium,heat(energy) flows to the lower temp area. Eg fridge takes energy out of food area and dumps it outside,see back of fridge for details, hold hand on coils. There is no such thing as cold (effectively) just movement of heat/energy.

I can vouch for that, 3 weeks age we were wild camped (that will set Henry off) almost at the top of mount Ventoux (the windy mountain) lovely evening nice ridge walk beautiful views.

We were over 6000ft up later in the evening the the wind started to build, at 2am I had to get up and move the van nose to wind it was rocking so much, in themorning wing was still blowing about fource 10 couldn't open the van door until I turned van so the door was on the leeward side, couldn't stand up straight outside wind was so strong.

Outside temperature was 0.5 inside 5.0 deg heating on full blast for an hour internal temp only got up to 9 deg, in over 5 years never experienced that before normally even in sub zero temps only takes 30 min to get van up to 20 deg.

Edit:

½ an hour later back down in the valley it was 24 deg. (lol)

P1070572.jpg.63ab099d801eb2214197afe6ac33ee9c.jpg

P1070566.jpg.50a2c2b219bfd85e3d8cc4467e6b2542.jpg

P1070574.jpg.98c3bb121afe0c0dd272d418695be374.jpg

Archived