unpaid toll on Motorway venice to verona

swaythling5

As I understand GB hasn't signed up to any reciprocal agreement to enforce these fines, tho' the road operators may try the bailiff approach.

Do you want to visit Italy again? Automatic number plate recognition systems will get you and the consequences could be dire.You committed the crime pay the fine.

I bet you don't do it again.

Did you try explaining at the time? I entered an Italian autostrada some years back, through a barrier that wasn't working. Pulled off before the barriers at exit and found office and explained how I'd arrived with no ticket. They issued a retrospective ticket from the office, which I presented to the exit cashier, and away we went. You could try writing back to them with a copy of the ticket explaining your error and asking if it is possible to pay the normal toll instead of the fine. After all, it would be a real silly-Billy who tried to avoid tolls by doing as you did, and then presenting yourself at a cash booth to exit! Probably a good idea to make clear you intend paying the fine if they insist, but would prefer to pay just the normal toll, as you had clearly intended to do. You never know! :-)

Archived