motorhome parking st annes lancs

nasher

Hi There, stayed on this motorhome parking place on Saturday 6pm to 9am got the ticket and put it on

the windscreen.

We watched telly for a while then went to bed, don't know what time it was but was woken up to the sound of a vehicles turbo cutting in and out, then a horn sounded and I thought local yobs trying to wind us up, we went back to sleep.

Next morning left the site at 9pm and parked on the main road near the mini golf course, there was a classic car rally near the baths which we enjoyed, then on returning to the van we saw that someone had

thrown something at the rear roof which left a large ding in the panel, estimated cost of repair is £400.

We wondered if anyone else has had any problems at this particular site, when parking we did notice

that 3 coachbuilts were parked at the back of the parking area which seemed strange because you are supposed to park in the centre bays only.

nasher - 2013-10-07 6:56 PM

Hi There, stayed on this motorhome parking place on Saturday 6pm to 9am got the ticket and put it on

the windscreen.

We watched telly for a while then went to bed, don't know what time it was but was woken up to the sound of a vehicles turbo cutting in and out, then a horn sounded and I thought local yobs trying to wind us up, we went back to sleep.

Next morning left the site at 9pm and parked on the main road near the mini golf course, there was a classic car rally near the baths which we enjoyed, then on returning to the van we saw that someone had

thrown something at the rear roof which left a large ding in the panel, estimated cost of repair is £400.

We wondered if anyone else has had any problems at this particular site, when parking we did notice

that 3 coachbuilts were parked at the back of the parking area which seemed strange because you are supposed to park in the centre bays only.

Hi nasher, we also parked here sat and sun night, we were one of the coachbuilts that you mentioned, another camper told us that the large bays that we were parked in were 7 new bays that the council had recently put in for motorhomes.

On Sat night me and my wife came back from the pub and as we got into our motorhome 2 boy racers parked by a self build motorhome started to pap their horns and then they drove off it was over in a couple of minuets, Sun night we were all alone on the car park and there was no trouble whatsoever had a great week end.

John.

Sounds like the 'Boy racers' don't like Motorhomes parking in 'their' race track, and are prepared to do a bit of vandalism to get us to 'Stay away'.

We could of course stick something sharp through the sidewalls of all their 'super low profile tyres'.

would come to about £400 methinks. what me ! no ossifer ! >:-)

Dear Nasher,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced on the rear section of St Annes Swimming Pool car park over the weekend. This was brought to my attention by one of the members of this site. I have sent the information you have supplied here to our Community Safety officer who in turn has contacted the local Police. The Police have advised that they will brief their night patrols to conduct regular checks of this area.

If you experience any issues in future please can you advise us by emailing the details to listening@fylde.gov.uk. The more information we receive the greater our case will be.

With regard parking on this site, as has been mentioned, there are 7 new oversized vehicle bays which are 8m long (not just for use by motorhomes but are suitable for them). The signage on the car park will be altered soon to reflect this.

Regards

Andrew Loynd

Principal Parking and Energy Officer

Fylde Borough Council

Andrew Loynd - 2013-10-10 12:45 PM

Dear Nasher,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced on the rear section of St Annes Swimming Pool car park over the weekend. This was brought to my attention by one of the members of this site. I have sent the information you have supplied here to our Community Safety officer who in turn has contacted the local Police. The Police have advised that they will brief their night patrols to conduct regular checks of this area.

If you experience any issues in future please can you advise us by emailing the details to listening@fylde.gov.uk. The more information we receive the greater our case will be.

With regard parking on this site, as has been mentioned, there are 7 new oversized vehicle bays which are 8m long (not just for use by motorhomes but are suitable for them). The signage on the car park will be altered soon to reflect this.

Regards

Andrew Loynd

Principal Parking and Energy Officer

Fylde Borough Council

Well congratulations to Fylde BC - a clear response on this forum from a clearly supportive council officer.

So all you nay sayers - this is proof that local government does work when officers and councillors want such a scheme to be successful.

As someone who spent their career in local government with responsibility for sports and cultural facilities I now try very hard to convince more councils to recognise the success at Lytham and copy it locally. It doesn't take massive budgets - just the desire to make it happen and maintain the servie long term. Maybe we will get more converts and fewer height barriers.

Well done Fylde BC :-)

• 7 months later...

Archived